• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,456 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2023 at 8:34 AM, Cocomonkey said:

My nabs from over the weekend, along with a nice little stack of dollar comic run fillers…figured I’d nab the 2 Alpha Flights when I saw them at the same place. Pretty sure I know where I can get the third to complete the subset. The stopwatch is from 1994, and not sure if it works or not, it needs a new battery to test it (which I don’t have).

C4EEF3BB-37A1-4F85-B5E3-854831672A8C.thumb.jpeg.b4c5ca8ca064e9ca40734d2f5aa5d073.jpeg4F70DA67-4D55-4724-B6E0-6D8E06A89F32.thumb.jpeg.16ca27747578b72e56c773029a8bb470.jpeg0E038788-EDAA-4802-B386-15E92FB575C3.thumb.jpeg.a58e5f350bba27ef1534876010521a63.jpeg2D21C3BE-FD5C-4BC2-96AA-7C4153A4674F.thumb.jpeg.b451ef674cc8c237c391e9f9bac98398.jpeg

Oh, I love those Alpha Flight sets. I have bought and resold them so many times. I love the fact that at one point in time, Alpha Flight merited a sub toyline that was selling on toy store shelves. Blows my mind. SO, I pick them up...then eventually I sell them, because, eh, I don't need them. Then, eventually I run into them again and think "Man< i do love these." and I buy them again.

I've done this like three times.

They are super neat. And I'm not really a Byrne guy, but I think it's so cool that they used his art on the cardbacks and trading cards. Just a really cool presentation all around. 

On 6/28/2023 at 9:05 AM, F For Fake said:

Oh, I love those Alpha Flight sets. I have bought and resold them so many times. I love the fact that at one point in time, Alpha Flight merited a sub toyline that was selling on toy store shelves. Blows my mind. SO, I pick them up...then eventually I sell them, because, eh, I don't need them. Then, eventually I run into them again and think "Man< i do love these." and I buy them again.

I've done this like three times.

They are super neat. And I'm not really a Byrne guy, but I think it's so cool that they used his art on the cardbacks and trading cards. Just a really cool presentation all around. 

Definitely agree. Plus they just look so clean and nice compared to some [most] of the ToyBiz sub-sets like X-Force and Gen X.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:41 AM, Cocomonkey said:

Definitely agree. Plus they just look so clean and nice compared to some [most] of the ToyBiz sub-sets like X-Force and Gen X.

It's true. I think the white cards really contrast so nicely with the other figures. 

On 6/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, Cat said:

@Buzzetta Is this a reused sculpt? I have a feeling it is. Is there anything new about it? https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/245865?o=1

Same questions for Barriss Offee. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/245864?o=1

Thanks Buzz, or anyone else who happens to know. It's been so long since I've bought 4inch, but for these characters, I make the exception if they're new. 

It is the same figure as was previously released much to the chagrin of the collecting community.  The difference is an updated card and a "photo real" face and slightly different color paint apps 

image.thumb.png.cb2776e48b67aae25104d8bfd10cadc9.png

On 6/29/2023 at 8:19 AM, Buzzetta said:

It is the same figure as was previously released much to the chagrin of the collecting community.  The difference is an updated card and a "photo real" face and slightly different color paint apps 

image.thumb.png.cb2776e48b67aae25104d8bfd10cadc9.png

Thanks Buzz, I thought it looked like the same sculpt, but it'd been so long I wasn't sure. Got to mull on this one. What's an Aayla collector to do? 

On 6/28/2023 at 6:20 AM, F For Fake said:

Packages from the Pulse sale keep rolling in, sufficient to make me think I may have a serious mental health issue. Oh well, so be it. The fact is that I was waiting on a big sale, so this was an opportunity to pick up about 6 months of "Oh, I'll get that when it goes on sale," type of items. Stuff that I was content to wait on. Couldn't beat the price, so had to put my money where my mouth is. This should take care of my Hasbro needs until the Black Friday sale in November!

Anyway, today's package contained Legacy Evolution BW Transmetal 2 Megatron (a package refresh of the Legacy TM2 Megs I'd missed out on previously), as well as the MP-57 Jetfire. MY WORD. Skyfire is ENORMOUS. Boxes shown for scale. This is a big boy, holy moly. 

It was like an hour before bedtime when I decided to open this guy up, and I did not feel like putting myself through the hell of trying to transform him. So, for now he stays in jet mode, which is still ENORMOUS. Love the teeeeny tiny little Autobots that are included, which are surprisingly well articulated themslves.

I'm working on rearranging my display, so this is what the Jetfire/Skyfire shrine looks like for now. Was just about able to wedge Siege Jetfire in there with the Masterpiece.

I'd wager this guy is worth the full asking price, but at 35% off and free shipping, it was the deal of the year. Wish I'd bought two.

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG

IMG_4068.JPG

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

I picked up MP-57 as well. I haven't gotten around to opening him yet because I also have Siege Jetfire in my Autobot display and he already is a great figure. I love how big MP Jetfire is though. Can't wait for MP Devastator one day.

On 6/29/2023 at 2:28 AM, solm4st3r said:

I picked up MP-57 as well. I haven't gotten around to opening him yet because I also have Siege Jetfire in my Autobot display and he already is a great figure. I love how big MP Jetfire is though. Can't wait for MP Devastator one day.

Yes, Siege Jetfire really is terrific, and I was happy with him, but I couldn't pass up the MP figure. It's just so horking HUGE, and also doesn't have all of that needless greebling that the WFC figures have. I will 100% confess to being a "Geewunner", so I like the stuff to be as close to Sunbow as possible. Ugh, MP Devastator, you just made my wallet cry!

On 6/29/2023 at 10:00 PM, F For Fake said:

Yes, Siege Jetfire really is terrific, and I was happy with him, but I couldn't pass up the MP figure. It's just so horking HUGE, and also doesn't have all of that needless greebling that the WFC figures have. I will 100% confess to being a "Geewunner", so I like the stuff to be as close to Sunbow as possible. Ugh, MP Devastator, you just made my wallet cry!

I dislike the intense greebling of Siege figures too. Earthrise stuff was mostly okay, minus the Seekers. The Datsuns were fine, for example. Then again I'm also not huge on the extreme Sunbow trend of current MPs. My favourite phase was the Hasui phase, circa again the Datsuns, MP18 or so. That look had the right balance of detail and cartoon slavishness for me, and gorgeous sculpts. I wish we could get Mr Hasui back in control of the Masterpiece line, but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely. 

I paid full price for MP Skyfire from BBTS (don't know why I ordered him from there in hindsight) and I still haven't shipped him out. I think it's about time I get around to doing so. 

On 6/29/2023 at 5:19 AM, Cat said:

I dislike the intense greebling of Siege figures too. Earthrise stuff was mostly okay, minus the Seekers. The Datsuns were fine, for example. Then again I'm also not huge on the extreme Sunbow trend of current MPs. My favourite phase was the Hasui phase, circa again the Datsuns, MP18 or so. That look had the right balance of detail and cartoon slavishness for me, and gorgeous sculpts. I wish we could get Mr Hasui back in control of the Masterpiece line, but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely. 

I paid full price for MP Skyfire from BBTS (don't know why I ordered him from there in hindsight) and I still haven't shipped him out. I think it's about time I get around to doing so. 

Yes the Hasui era was the best. The new cartoon look seemed to increase QC issues with the newer figures. MP-47 Hound was a total disaster and the only figure I have had to ever return for a refund. I didn't pick up the new seekers because I feared QC issues and didn't feel the need to replace the MP-11 molds. I do want an MP-44 Optimus Prime though and hope they re-release him one day.

On 6/30/2023 at 5:32 AM, solm4st3r said:

Yes the Hasui era was the best. The new cartoon look seemed to increase QC issues with the newer figures. MP-47 Hound was a total disaster and the only figure I have had to ever return for a refund. I didn't pick up the new seekers because I feared QC issues and didn't feel the need to replace the MP-11 molds. I do want an MP-44 Optimus Prime though and hope they re-release him one day.

Personal opinion but I can't stand the MP11 mold. The new Seekers are what I've always wanted from the MP line. Actual accurate Seekers, not droopy looking atrocities to aesthetics. 

I still haven't transformed my MP Hound, so I'm dreading when I get around to that. They're all displayed in robot mode so it'd look weird if I left one in vehicle mode. 

I went nuts during last week's Hasbro Pulse sale as well, spent around $500.  Got four of the Starting Lineup figures plus the basketball hoop...they're excellent!  Also bought a bunch of Legends and pre-orders like Jabba the Hutt and Indy Temple Escape.

My room is really getting cluttered so I'll HAVE to slow it down pretty soon.  :blush:

2023 Pickups. (Too lazy to photograph)

Star Wars - Vintage (I find myself looking to upgrade / complete a second set)

• Jabba The Hutt Playset
  • Luke Endor
  • Luke Jedi Knight MOC
  • Luke Jedi Knight 
  • Power Droid
  • R5-D4
  • Warok
  • Chief Chirpa
  • Luke Bespin x2
  • Darth Vader
  • Luke Farmboy
  • 4-Lom
  • Zuckuss
  • Boba Fett
  • Snowtrooper x2
  • Stormtrooper
  • B-Wing Fighter
  • C-3PO Removable Limbs
  • Bespin Guard v2
  • Bossk
  • AT-AT Commander
  • Wampa

GI Joe Classified:

• Stormshadow 
  • Stormshadow Retro Walmart
  • Zarana
  • Fire Fly (Preorder)
  • Tunnel Rat (Preorder)
  • Recondo 
  • Snake Eyes and Timber (Brown Pants Black Shirt Knight Visor with Sword)
  • Dusty
  • Stalker
  • Spirit
  • Cobra EEL (Preorder x2)

Indiana Jones - Adventure Series

• Indiana Jones - Raiders
  • Indiana Jones - Raiders Temple Escape (Preorder)
  • Henry Jones Senior (Preorder)

Star Wars The Vintage Collection 

• Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper x2
  • Shore Trooper 4 Pack - Hasbro Pulse Exclusive
  • Death Trooper 4 Pack - Hasbro Pulse Exclusive
  • Luke Jedi Knight (Mandalorian Episode)
  • Cal Kestis 
  • Val Sartha
  • Emperor Royal Guard
  • Emperor 
  • Ponda Baba
  • Obi Wan Kenobi Amazon Three pack with Obi Wan, Death Trooper, Jawa
  • Obi Wan Kenobi Attack of the Clones
  • R5-D4 - Preorder
  • Boba Fett - Tusken Preorder
  • Cad Bane Book of Boba Fett
  • Major Panno
  • Luke Snowspeeder Retro

Star Wars Black Series

• Boba Fett - Book of Boba Fett
  • Boba Fett - Return of the Jedi
  • Chewbacca
  • Han Solo 
  • Han Solo Endor
  • Luke Jedi Knight (Mandalorian Episode)
  • Lando General Uniform
  • Obi Wan Kenobi - Disney Plus Obi Wan
  • Dengar
  • IG 88

Transformers

• Tracks Earthrise / War for Cybertron
  • Needlenose Earthrise / War for Cybertron
  • Sludge
  • Slag
  • Bumblebee /Awe Striker - Stalker Crossover

Marvel Legends

• Spider-man and Mary Jane / Spinneret Two Pack
Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/1/2023 at 10:01 PM, bentbryan said:

@BuzzettaDid you preorder Snake-Eyes from Walmart as well? I received an email on Wednesday that it was now delayed until 8/15 (was originally scheduled end of June).   

Yes... it seems that everyone's is delayed and I think I know why.

They started to ship out but there seems to have been a major mistake made.  Many of the Snake Eyes figures that I have seen so far that is 'in the hands' of a collector, happens to be on a Crimson Guard card.  So maybe they were delayed to fix that. 

Some are correct but some are on the wrong card. 

356433144_10231475702418758_4200052998051495204_n.jpg

357354531_10224058171191124_5959136291261777164_n-1.jpg

On 7/4/2023 at 6:59 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Colosseum travertine marble walls beginning to take shape.

ColleseumWalls.jpg

Is there a brick where you can write that you love your girlfriend?