• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,415 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Yep, that's me.

I saved a picture of your stuff from youtube (I think it was yours).  Not sure if the video is still up, but I'd always wanted a better image of your collection.

ChipSPCollection.thumb.jpg.52556a2fe7ed76bea180d1418558557a.jpg

Are those blow-mold Mexican bootlegs?

On 11/24/2023 at 3:16 PM, Yorick said:

I saved a picture of your stuff from youtube (I think it was yours).  Not sure if the video is still up, but I'd always wanted a better image of your collection.

ChipSPCollection.thumb.jpg.52556a2fe7ed76bea180d1418558557a.jpg

Are those blow-mold Mexican bootlegs?

The video is still up, and yes they are. I have pictures of them all individually...somewhere on a backup drive. I just have to find time to look for them.

On 11/24/2023 at 12:24 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

The video is still up, and yes they are. I have pictures of them all individually...somewhere on a backup drive. I just have to find time to look for them.

I've been a fan of many "knock-offs", but my one pet-peeve is the lack of articulation.  At least the Blow-molds have moving arms and legs (star wars type 5 POA).  Typically you'll see simple peg into solid cast core, or magnets, or just glued solid (statue).

MultiVerse Customs.jpg

Newage Legends scale Wheeljack. Bit of a fiddly transformation, can't argue with the results. 

20231125_134621.thumb.jpg.5637ff287fcd8cc1d48c606f5336fb9b.jpg

Edited by Cat

On 11/26/2023 at 7:02 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Met up with my brother on Black Friday, and he said he had something for me - turns out he had a Castle Grayskull as well as a bunch of the pieces I was missing from mine, and he gave me the whole thing! So now I have two Grayskulls, and I put together a 90+% complete one out of all of the pieces (my shell was nicer and they're both the same model number, and now I have some of the missing pieces including the quintain base, flag pole, weapon rack, elevator shaft and pull, one of the cardboard pieces, some duplicate weapons, etc.).

Was so stoked to get this, here's the castle with my recently acquired gen 1 He-man and Battle Cat, and the Talon Fighter with Point Dread:

IMG_9990.thumb.JPG.3c51922b81cd629acc6ba033e5c08b5b.JPG

Awesome 💯 every castle is complete with a weapon rack!

I'm basically just missing some cardboard and a sticker, plus a weapon or two, but in my mind I'm calling this complete as far as my collection goes, this is plenty for me - just happy to have it to this point!

On 11/26/2023 at 8:10 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I'm basically just missing some cardboard and a sticker, plus a weapon or two, but in my mind I'm calling this complete as far as my collection goes, this is plenty for me - just happy to have it to this point!

Beautiful, and definitely hits the nostalgia zone, particularly this time of year. 

On 11/26/2023 at 7:52 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Absolutely! Here's a pic of me playing with my original Grayskull that I got for Christmas that year, which (ironically) I think my brother may have sold when I went away to college. So, full circle moment!

grayskull.jpg.60d79906701fd5c20e126f85d73ca046.jpg

As my post in the TMNT thread, brothers are cool like that!

Congratulations 🎉👏🎉

Picked up the new Marvel Legends Green Goblin from "No Way Home" yesterday.  Pretty pricey at $50, but wow, definitely one of the top ten Legends figures of the year.  Nice articulation, an INCREDIBLE Willem Dafoe head sculpt, intricate sculpt details throughout, and a great glider with the same tilting wings that the gilders in the two Spidey films ("Spider-Man" from 2002 and "No Way Home" from 2021) had. Tons of posing options to seat him on the glider since they designed the boot stirrups to both rotate and swivel.

ADCreHdTtjiKqL-clvggoMRl-wjwq4cOzl7WyWxo

My ML order from the Pulse BF/Cyber Monday sale arrived. They didn't have much on sale I needed, though I did go ahead and grab that Super-Adaptoid to finish out my Avengers 60th collection. Blob wasn't on sale, but since he's sold out at several spots, I decided to grab him. The rest were to complete my Ch'Od BAF. This is the second X-Men wave in a row where I really had no interest in the wave, but really wanted the BAF. He looks great with the other figure I liked from this wave, Corsair. Hopefully we'll continue to get Starjammers, Imperial Guard, Reavers, and Marauders. I'll buy all they want to make!

"Beautiful" is a term you may not normally associate with The Blob, but this is a really lovely figure, worlds better than the old BAF.

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6815.JPG

IMG_6822.JPG

On 12/2/2023 at 2:49 PM, F For Fake said:

My ML order from the Pulse BF/Cyber Monday sale arrived. They didn't have much on sale I needed, though I did go ahead and grab that Super-Adaptoid to finish out my Avengers 60th collection. Blob wasn't on sale, but since he's sold out at several spots, I decided to grab him. The rest were to complete my Ch'Od BAF. This is the second X-Men wave in a row where I really had no interest in the wave, but really wanted the BAF. He looks great with the other figure I liked from this wave, Corsair. Hopefully we'll continue to get Starjammers, Imperial Guard, Reavers, and Marauders. I'll buy all they want to make!

"Beautiful" is a term you may not normally associate with The Blob, but this is a really lovely figure, worlds better than the old BAF.

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6815.JPG

IMG_6822.JPG

Starjammers are cool, but I agree on the blob he has that classic look about him. :cheers: 

Blob is a candidate for top 10 Marvel Legends of 2023.  Love that figure!

Wouldn't exactly call him classic since Blob was more human-sized for his first few decades at 5' 10" but just drawn to be morbidly obese; even Byrne drew him around that size when he added him to the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in the 1980s as shown in the pic below where he's shorter than Pyro.  Eventually artists did what they always tend to do with size-based characters and just kept making him bigger and bigger, eventually exceeding 7 feet in height.  This new Blob figure is huge in both girth and stature like the modern versions.

a96c9e2eb958e4f8818f118e8517bf69.jpg