• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,390 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2023 at 2:33 PM, Yorick said:

lol

I'm on the DC side of things, so my pog collection would have to consist of the "Death and Return of Superman" set.  Pogs is basically a reinvented version of marbles or jax (if anyone reading hasn't played it).  Some clothing stores used to carry pogs - they were everywhere.  There was so much cool/strange artwork on many.  I believe I still have a tube somewhere... 

Feel like I've seen the Superman set before...if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a good one. Yeah, they made them for everything, though I think I'd say the most common I ever saw or still see are...I don't know what it's officially called, but like, skater art, rat fink art, random 90s-era zigzags, that kind of stuff. I never really had any myself (played it with friends a little, but only had a handful), but a while back, while clearing stuff out, my wife and I found a tube of pogs that she had as a kid, including her OJ Simpson slammer that said Guilty on one side and Not Guilty on the other :D. I'm hoping to find stuff like this out in the wild at some point or another, but I've only seen a handful of the Hardee's sheets over the years (plus some random loose ones).

On 12/15/2023 at 12:24 PM, Cocomonkey said:

I've only seen a handful of the Hardee's sheets over the years

That's very interesting that they punched those with an original style milk-bottle cap die (the pull-tab fold-out in the center of the circle).  I can't say I've seen that on a pog before.

Quick, Pulse Premium members! One day only, Hasbro is offering up some old Haslabs as a fundraiser for their Children's Hospital. I can't believe I just bought a Unicron at retail price! Go go go!

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/the-haslab-vault?utm_source=PeCX3U&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12182023_Pulse Premium HasLab Vault Promotion (01HGZXMMNYEKG14NAFRAQ49JYS)

UPDATE: Dang, Unicron sold out in seconds (I managed to grab one, woohoo!), and Star Sabre was close behind. The SkyStriker hung around for a few minutes, but it's gone now as well. I think the Heroquest stuff is still up for grabs though.

Edited by F For Fake

On 12/21/2023 at 10:28 AM, Cocomonkey said:

You keep your carded figures in longboxes? What do they look like inside? (Just curious; still trying to figure out storage solutions to mine.)

Believe it or not, yes! Happened purely by accident but I had the carded figures randomly in a cardboard box just shifting around when I realized I had two empty long boxes nearby. I placed one inside and it was a perfect fit! (thumbsu

Ill try to take a pic after work…

On 12/21/2023 at 11:02 AM, Jayman said:

Ill try to take a pic after work…

Sorry, I couldn’t get to the other 2 long boxes filled with the Toy-Biz X-Men figures. But they do fit and stack nicely standing upright one in front of the other in a long box. The amount depends on the depth of the individual blisters, but assume around 10 per box.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:41 AM, Cocomonkey said:

What is this? Where did you get it? I need one for my collection. For...science.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

FB_IMG_1703721569262.jpg

So I am guessing no one saw how they sculpted Hera from Ahsoka?  lol 

On 12/29/2023 at 5:11 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

@Buzzetta have you been following that Joe eBay auction eruption over the Mickey Mouse Cobra officers?

Interesting stuff, to say the least. 

No idea.   Never even knew there were Mickey Mouse Cobra Officers.   I thought only Cobra Commander featured that issue. 

If it is about the Commander... 

• Vintage?
  • Modern Retro (Skystriker Haslab)
  • Classified Scale?
Edited by Buzzetta

On 12/29/2023 at 5:25 PM, Buzzetta said:

No idea.   Never even knew there were Mickey Mouse Cobra Officers.   I thought only Cobra Commander featured that issue. 

Sorry, should have clarified I was talking about ARAH vintage. Apparently that was the thing...no one knew they existed until they popped up in this auction : Joe Auction