• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,485 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2023 at 10:40 AM, Cat said:

I picked up G2 Grimlock, G2 Sideswipe, and Cloud Cover today. I wanted Mirage too, but they were sold out of him. Love the decos of this line, keep 'em coming Hasbro! 

I'm also still waiting for my Dying Prowl and Ironhide set to arrive. It should be here any day now. 

Oh sweet, I haven't seen Sideswipe (or Dead End) at all. Those are the ones I'd really like to grab. I'm not as hot on Dorito Jazz. Watermelon mirage is pretty great, I'll probably grab him at some point.

On 8/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, Miketimus_Prime said:
On 8/9/2023 at 4:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

YES !

As soon as BBTS gets it... with the trailer...

I am a huge fan of BBTS as well.  I have ordered from Chosen Prime in the past and have been extremely happy with their packaging.  

BigBadToyStore is great.  So is Entertainment Earth.  They both process orders slowly and ship them as cheaply and slowly as possible, but these are toys, not meds I need refilled by tomorrow, so it's all fine.  BBTS has the edge over EE due to their Pile of Loot feature where you can stack items up for up to three months to ship them all out together.

I liked Dorkside Toys as well, but it went out of business last year.

On 8/10/2023 at 10:27 AM, fantastic_four said:

BigBadToyStore is great.  So is Entertainment Earth.  They both process orders slowly and ship them as cheaply and slowly as possible, but these are toys, not meds I need refilled by tomorrow, so it's all fine.  BBTS has the edge over EE due to their Pile of Loot feature where you can stack items up for up to three months to ship them all out together.

I liked Dorkside Toys as well, but it went out of business last year.

Agreed on BBTS, Pile of Loot plus $4 flat fee shipping makes them first in my book. I've used them for over 20 years. Customer service is always very responsive as well.

They are often slow to get stuff in, but sometimes they'll surprise you. For instance, they've been getting the Super 7 Ultimates stuff before Super 7 does, lately, leading to much grousing from those who paid much more for shipping to get them from Super 7.

I don't mind waiting, and there's also the benefit that when they get their items slowly, and in greater quantities than most retailers, they'll often times have things in stock that have long since sold out from all other sources. True, you'll pay full MSRP for it, but it's better than the secondary market. 

On 8/11/2023 at 12:12 AM, F For Fake said:

Oh sweet, I haven't seen Sideswipe (or Dead End) at all. Those are the ones I'd really like to grab. I'm not as hot on Dorito Jazz. Watermelon mirage is pretty great, I'll probably grab him at some point.

Sideswipe is really nice, I definitely recommend him. Mirage is who I'm really chasing so of course he was the only one they didn't have. I've asked a few friends to keep an eye out for me, as they're not available online here for reasons unknown, instore only. I've been wanting a Mirage with that deco ever since the old proto of it first came to light some years ago. 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:24 AM, Cat said:

Sideswipe is really nice, I definitely recommend him. Mirage is who I'm really chasing so of course he was the only one they didn't have. I've asked a few friends to keep an eye out for me, as they're not available online here for reasons unknown, instore only. I've been wanting a Mirage with that deco ever since the old proto of it first came to light some years ago. 

I'll keep my eyes open for ya, as well as myself! I don't get to Walmart often, but this weekend we're heading to our place at the lake, and there's a small town with a Walmart that sometimes has goodies I can't find up here.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:38 AM, F For Fake said:

I'll keep my eyes open for ya, as well as myself! I don't get to Walmart often, but this weekend we're heading to our place at the lake, and there's a small town with a Walmart that sometimes has goodies I can't find up here.

Thanks mate, that'd be appreciated. 

On 8/10/2023 at 2:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

It's up on Hasbro Pulse. 

I got the one with the trailer. 

PNG image.png

It's really strange. They had both listed at $119, which was incorrect for the C-2 version without the trailer. I went ahead and ordered both of them (and the Lunar Masterpiece) because I assume they'll correct the price at some point.

Eventually, they fixed the price on the C-02, making it $69.99

Minutes later, they marked C-02 as Sold Out.

THEN, they removed the listing entirely.

So, not sure what's up with that. C-01 is still up. I'd imagine we'll get a corrected listing for C-02 again at some point, but for all I know, it actually did sell out. 

They're still available at BBTS for the correct price, and C-01 is also still up at Pulse.

And now, right on cue, I've received an email from Pulse. Rather than just correcting the price, they actually canceled the order, and recommended I re-order it. Seems kinda dumb, but whatevs. The Anime version with the corrected price is now back up for sale, along with C-01 which is still $119.99.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-masterpiece-missing-link-c-02-optimus-prime-animation-edition-figure

On 8/11/2023 at 1:38 AM, F For Fake said:

No need to look out for me, thanks mate, one of my contacts has come through for me already. My American friend, actually. He got lucky at Wal-Mart. I've now got all the figures I want from this first G2 collection (I say first because I hope there's a second). 

On 8/11/2023 at 1:20 AM, Cat said:

No need to look out for me, thanks mate, one of my contacts has come through for me already. My American friend, actually. He got lucky at Wal-Mart. I've now got all the figures I want from this first G2 collection (I say first because I hope there's a second). 

Great news! I'll be heading down there tomorrow, so fingers crossed I can at least find one for myself then. We shall see!

On 8/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, F For Fake said:

Great news! I'll be heading down there tomorrow, so fingers crossed I can at least find one for myself then. We shall see!

Well good luck! My friend had been to this Wal-Mart the day before and they hadn't had them, they'd literally stocked them overnight after he offered to keep an eye out for me. Hopefully yours will be the same. 

Edited by Cat

I got the Amazon Transformers Impactor and Spindle set today, sister set to the Leadfoot and Masterdominus from the other day. This time they did things right and treated me to a box for my package, much happier this time around. 

I'd like to think they've made a note on my file 'always use boxes' but I know how unlikely that is. I just hit the box lotto this time, and whammied out last time. It's that inconsistency that gets to me. 

On 8/14/2023 at 9:40 PM, Dark Knight said:

Just got this in. Truly a beautiful and well-made toy. Has that 80s nostalgic vibe to it with a modern twist. Very happy with this purchase :)

20230811_175103.jpg

20230811_175214.jpg

20230811_175126.jpg

Oh wow! The way it is displayed, I almost thought it was a "working" model kit, to build first I mean. That is a nice looking box, has an oldish vibe to it. :)

On 8/12/2023 at 12:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

May be an image of toy and text that says 'MASTERS Lady SKELETOF'

Oh man, that's disturbing - where would someone buy something like that? You know, just asking so I don't accidentally end up there... So anyway, any ideas on where? :shiftyeyes:

On 8/15/2023 at 11:18 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Oh man, that's disturbing - where would someone buy something like that? You know, just asking so I don't accidentally end up there... So anyway, any ideas on where? :shiftyeyes:

I'm pretty sure it's a spoof 😂 but I hear you lol