• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,480 posts in this topic

That reminds me that I have these, obtained through randomness. I've literally never seen this game played in public nor know anything about it lol

Just at the back of a drawer kind of thing lol

6086655_Full_Rev.jpg

On 6/11/2024 at 7:24 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That reminds me that I have these, obtained through randomness. I've literally never seen this game played in public nor know anything about it lol

6086655_Full_Rev.jpg

HeroClix is fun! I used to play its predecessor Mage Knight.

Here is my HeroClix Sinestro figure that I have guarding my desk at work.

20240611_104307.jpg

On 6/11/2024 at 10:48 AM, cyclonus11 said:

HeroClix is fun! I used to play its predecessor Mage Knight.

Here is my HeroClix Sinestro figure that I have guarding my desk at work.

20240611_104307.jpg

Awesome! I'm not into games as much but the rules must seem fairly straightforward, just haven't met like-minded people in person lol

Here is the only other that I have, not sure I have the Iron Mans sheet or box still, but maybe.

4619922_Full_Rev.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/11/2024 at 7:34 AM, fantastic_four said:

I'm surprised it has done as well as it has.  When they started the line I thought they'd get the major characters and a few vehicles out and the line would fizzle, but the quality has been so outstanding that it seems to be a viable line for at least another few years.  Military toys haven't done well since the end of the Cold War, but this line is so good that interest has been surprisingly high.  Vintage being more popular seems right given the nostalgia factor since Joe was such a huge toy line in the 1980s.  I bought Joe toys in the 1980s, and GI Joe #1 was the comic that got me into Marvel and collecting.  But I cooled on Joe as I became a late teenager.

They could do better.  They just don't listen to their fan base.

Look at the  skybound kickstarter.  Completed in 6 mins and over $2,743,116 and it is just for reprints of original Joe comics.  It shows truly what GI Joe fans want and that is original like style.  From my understanding this will be the most supported kickstarter ever?  The people have spoken lol.

Hasbro failed on pretty much all 4 Storm Shadows they have now released.  The Retro Carded corrected version of v1 was the closest they got to a decent Storm Shadow but still had issues.

Of course there will be a few more years but it will be mostly reuse and repaints.  45.33333% of classified is already reuse of molds and repaints.  Roughly 150 figures so far and only 82 characters done though.

On 6/11/2024 at 8:24 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

6086655_Full_Rev.jpg

I tried heroclix for a few games but I didn't really enjoy it.  I still have a few but every time I played I was like overly slaughtered and there was just so many rules.  I did win a tournament though but there was only 2 people that showed up lol :P.  Think that is where I got the boxed Mandarin figure.  The other sealed ones where like you get them if you played that week.  I have these in my trade box hoping someone trade something for them hahah.

image.thumb.jpeg.cbf9cd1278e7c34f507601df7ac8af14.jpeg

On 6/11/2024 at 12:24 PM, Yorick said:

I bought Heroclix in order to make a chess set with the figures.  Blind box buys made it too difficult to get the right figures.  They're still around in a box somewhere...

That's originally what they reminded me of was the various chess pieces around, interesting that you were attempting, I think it'd be cool 😎 😜 

On 6/11/2024 at 10:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's originally what they reminded me of was the various chess pieces around, interesting that you were attempting, I think it'd be cool 😎 😜 

I wanted to do DC v Marvel, but then they started having Image characters that I couldn't turn down.  There are so many characters too.  The pawns were all going to be the various henchmen.  Probably Hydra for the Marvel set.

I've got a few Heroclix, too. Started with WOW when I was big into that. 

Then I bought a few blind packs and got some rares or whatever they call them.i got a big Apocalypse with several supertiny but well-painted X-Men clinging to him and attacking in their own unique ways, and a Cable and Deadpool set where they're doing a stand-off. I prefer the Apoc set, it has so much presence, but someone told me once the Cable and DP one had more value due to the characters. Typical. 

The Man From UNCLE half sheet looks authentic, with a serial number in the corner.

The seller thought the bottom item was a primitive catcher's mitt, but I have my doubts. It seems pretty old, but I think it might be something a boxing instructor would use.  $35 all in, including another 1950s glove- Pro Master  Frank Malzone- a n 8 time All Star.

A vendor was selling DVDs for $1 each, and after I picked out four, he offered me the entire inventory for $10. There were 127 DVDs, mostly Blockbuster rentals but some sealed TV series—V, Burn Notice, and Murder She Wrote.

Edited by shadroch

On 6/16/2024 at 9:56 AM, shadroch said:

the entire inventory for $10. There were 127 DVDs

Can't pass on that.  You can always donate them to Goodwill after watching.

On 6/17/2024 at 12:59 PM, sd2416 said:
On 6/17/2024 at 12:45 PM, Yorick said:

Loose AF.  :roflmao:

I didnt catch that until you posted it.  My mind automatically went loose action figure.  

I had assumed action figure as well, but did a double take myself at first, nice to know I wasn't alone :shy: