• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Chuck claims ownership of 10 million comic books..

133 posts in this topic

can somebody link up that video please...Milehighcomics newsletter #10 on you tube, Chuck says in the earlier video he wants a copy of every comic book ever published and in different conditions...he just wants more and more comics...I just don't see 8 million comic books in the video, let alone another 2 million in his garage at his ranch.

I just watched the idea. I've been totally unimpressed with Chuckles for years. The Trump of comics. And have stayed away from his site, his issues and him for years.

But I have to say, he seemed rather normal in this video. Just a guy who loves comics and lots of every and enthusiasm for them and his business at 60 years old. I am aware of all his excesses, so don't take me a fool. He just came across a lot more down to earth in the video... Of course aside from that facts of his appearance, and grandiose plans, and ridiculous pricing etc. he looks close to 80 than 60 too. Does he think. 1) he needs any more comics? And 2) does he think he will live to sell them, let alone what he already has stockpiled? And 3) I laughed when he leafed thru a box with Harvey hits, Flash etc then said " and these are all in order so we can find anything we want!" What alphabet is he using??

It's warehouse location system. Product is tagged with a number/barcode and its location is entered into a database. When an order comes in the computer will spit out the item and location for picking. Every remotely modern warehouse uses a version of this for inventory control.

can somebody link up that video please...Milehighcomics newsletter #10 on you tube, Chuck says in the earlier video he wants a copy of every comic book ever published and in different conditions...he just wants more and more comics...I just don't see 8 million comic books in the video, let alone another 2 million in his garage at his ranch.

You should rewatch it and count them again, just to be sure.

If I'm driving in from out of state, I could care less about a Strange Tales 112 in VG... :roflmao:

I don't think anyone is driving a 100 miles to pay Overstreet for mid grade silver.

I do remember getting some very good deals, on a steady basis, via Mile High's discoubt section in their print catalogs.

I remember buying solid NM bronze and silver for about 5-10% of Overstreet(at the time)....

Creepy #1's for about $10 a piece...NM early issues of Eerie, Creepy for maybe 2 bucks a throw.....back when Preacher was hot for the first time in the 90's, I bought close to 50 NM copies of Absolute Vertigo for a $1 each.This was all before CGC came around.

Thor #132 NM for about $10....etc etc.

Can you actually walk into this warehouse like a store? I'm getting that impression from the dollar comics.

Yes if you check on the earlier videos he takes you on Sa tour and explains wha he has to charge more and pay less for books .. Because he wants a copy of every comic book in the world

Chuck. of mile high comics, just posted the latest YOU TUBE video newsletter..he claims he has 8 million comic books in one store on Jason street called the mega where house which is 65,000 SQ FT and 2 million comic books stored at his ranch house, claiming be own the most comic books in the world, .and he wants more......

anybody been there to verify about his amounts as he just consolidated two where houses into one.? Do you think he has that Many? It is Mile high comics newsletter #10..

There house.

There's that term again! Drek...why are you on a comic site about comics where's the appreciation? Okay I'll admit that there are I comics I don't like but I still value the work that went into them not for their re-sale value. As for his warehouse I could get lost there just searching.

I just watched the idea. I've been totally unimpressed with Chuckles for years. The Trump of comics. And have stayed away from his site, his issues and him for years.

But I have to say, he seemed rather normal in this video. Just a guy who loves comics and lots of every and enthusiasm for them and his business at 60 years old. I am aware of all his excesses, so don't take me a fool. He just came across a lot more down to earth in the video... Of course aside from that facts of his appearance, and grandiose plans, and ridiculous pricing etc. he looks close to 80 than 60 too. Does he think. 1) he needs any more comics? And 2) does he think he will live to sell them, let alone what he already has stockpiled? And 3) I laughed when he leafed thru a box with Harvey hits, Flash etc then said " and these are all in order so we can find anything we want!" What alphabet is he using??

It's warehouse location system. Product is tagged with a number/barcode and its location is entered into a database. When an order comes in the computer will spit out the item and location for picking. Every remotely modern warehouse uses a version of this for inventory control.

thanx. so they number the boxes the comics are placed into and enter that # in the database. that could work. Just the thought of adding 100 of 1000s of books into an already alphabetized inventory made me throw up a little.