• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Chuck claims ownership of 10 million comic books..

133 posts in this topic

Chuck mentions several times that he moved many of the comics from another location a mile away. It would be incredibly difficult to fill orders and track inventory when you're drawing books from different warehouses. Seems like a very good move.

I have to admire Chuck R. He is clearly very passionate about comics and after 4 decades selling them still loves them and wants to own more. We can laugh about his prices or his grading but his passion for the medium is inspiring.

fsNSKHi.png

This is all that matters....

And to answer the obvious: yes, that's Chuck x 2

is that a guy dressed as girl or chucks wife or what?

Comic book collector ?

what is the point here?

CC already said it - that's Chuck. Look at the nose, the tats. That's Chuckles. As high as he's ever been, probably.

-slym

Yes it's Chuck with a nice photoshop job. Just do a google search and you'll find some interesting photos out there.....

He's a strange one...

Since when did chuck Start wearing lipstick...

When he figured out he can double his dating scene?

-slym

Chuck mentions several times that he moved many of the comics from another location a mile away. It would be incredibly difficult to fill orders and track inventory when you're drawing books from different warehouses. Seems like a very good move.

I have to admire Chuck R. He is clearly very passionate about comics and after 4 decades selling them still loves them and wants to own more. We can laugh about his prices or his grading but his passion for the medium is inspiring.

Some call it passion, some call it insanity.

-slym

In the videos chuck explains he does not to make any money

And you buy that?

Yes, it can easily be explained by their latest move in which they basically shut down their online ordering / shipping system so those employees could help move long boxes. This is not a small mom and pop operation. I don't know how many employees they have, but when you are moving that much product you need to hire a moving company.

Why? The books that would need to be pulled would be in transit and unavailable to fill the orders. The employees would be idle until the moving company is done. It would be pointless to hire a moving company and let the employees sit idle. It makes more sense to suspend orders temporarily and use employees for the move rather than take in orders you can ship out immediately. Sure, you lose on some orders but you save on the move.

Why? The books that would need to be pulled would be in transit and unavailable to fill the orders. The employees would be idle until the moving company is done. It would be pointless to hire a moving company and let the employees sit idle. It makes more sense to suspend orders temporarily and use employees for the move rather than take in orders you can ship out immediately. Sure, you lose on some orders but you save on the move.

Agreed, with a large number of books being moved and integrated into their main warehouse it would be difficult to fill orders. Since the warehouses are close renting a truck was a simple and very cost effective way to move the books.

I do wonder why Chuck had two warehouses close together. Seems very inefficient and costly. Did he own the smaller one and then buy the larger to expand operations and is now getting around to merging them?

Agreed, with a large number of books being moved and integrated into their main warehouse it would be difficult to fill orders. Since the warehouses are close renting a truck was a simple and very cost effective way to move the books.

I do wonder why Chuck had two warehouses close together. Seems very inefficient and costly. Did he own the smaller one and then buy the larger to expand operations and is now getting around to merging them?

I disagree, Mile High has never had a good turnaround time. Typically close to a month from order to door. If you have read their newsletter it seemed like they were moving one box truck at a time more or less. If things were organized it would not be hard to still fill orders.

I have no knowledge of their system(s) so I can't really say one way or the other.

He sold the warehouse because he got a price he couldn't refuse from a grow company, basically.

I've met Chuck a number of times at shows - he even set up at a one day show in Charlotte before - very nice guy. I don't have to shop on his overpriced website to like the guy. His series of articles that he did for Comics Buyers Guide - which are still on the site - are great reads.

I did see his haul of comics at a Heroes-Con one year and it was in a room - probably a row of 30 long boxes stacked three high. Amazing what he accumulates. As far as his layout is concerned, it would make me nervous from a fire/insurance perspective to have all that stuff under one roof.

lol Chuck. Buys a Atom 1 1960s for ten bucks then prices it in store for four hundred and fifty. Drunken pricing at its finest

Chuck explains in his video WHY he has to price over market, you have to pay the storage, staff,mortgage payment,and ability to buy any comic book...for that you must pay chucks price, the trade off is he HAS the comic book and as chuck says he is not in a hurry to get rid of any comic book, he wants more, that will make him happy.

He has to buy the book at a "bargain price" as he says he does in the videos buying extra inventory from stores and collections at a price that will make his business model work... guessing about 10 cents on the dollar or even less.

If you want the ability to find any comic book, NOW...then you pay chucks price..simple as that...if you buy book worth say one buck and chuck sells it for say 5 so be it...it is when the price of the book or the collectablity of the book is comes in is very desirable that is where you cannot possibly get what you paid or a fraction of that price should you decide to sell or trade it.

Buy low, sell high..get more comics. and break even expense wise for the year..that is his business which he shows on the videos.

Is it fair to new collectors who have no idea of market price....or others ...that is your choice as a smart consumer.

PS 2 million comics on his ranch....that what he says...do you buy it?

lol Chuck. Buys a Atom 1 1960s for ten bucks then prices it in store for four hundred and fifty. Drunken pricing at its finest

Chuck explains in his video WHY he has to price over market, you have to pay the storage, staff,mortgage payment,and ability to buy any comic book...for that you must pay chucks price, the trade off is he HAS the comic book and as chuck says he is not in a hurry to get rid of any comic book, he wants more, that will make him happy.

He has to buy the book at a "bargain price" as he says he does in the videos buying extra inventory from stores and collections at a price that will make his business model work... guessing about 10 cents on the dollar or even less.

If you want the ability to find any comic book, NOW...then you pay chucks price..simple as that...if you buy book worth say one buck and chuck sells it for say 5 so be it...it is when the price of the book or the collectablity of the book is comes in is very desirable that is where you cannot possibly get what you paid or a fraction of that price should you decide to sell or trade it.

Buy low, sell high..get more comics...that is his business which he shows on the videos.

Is it fair to new collectors who have no idea of market price....or others ...that is your choice as a smart consumer.

+1

If you want the ability to find any comic book, NOW...then you pay chucks price CHECK EBAY..simple as that.

Ah yes, the place to go for correctly graded comics, contrary to MH.

That would fit the his business model of buying grading low and selling grading high to go along with the prices...one flaw on his website is you buy a book in GD but the picture of the books is say 7.5... if you don't read the fine print..you are gonna expect the book in the picture. When you open up the package you are gonna be horrified as to what you get...like that franken woman a couple of posts back...I think that could be one of them half and halfs if you know what I mean...why IT is with chuck I will never know.

Mile High priced Comics has almost no golden age comics left in stock worth buying even if they were correctly priced...........

:popcorn: