• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Chuck claims ownership of 10 million comic books..

133 posts in this topic

I'm curious. I never see his daughters at shows etc. Are they not interested in the hobby? When Chuck goes to the great sorting bin in the sky, do they just dump the stores and books? What is the effect of 10 million or so books being sold in that situation?

of course they will all hit the market when he passes...the effect is that the will collapse the bronze market and collectable graphic novel market and I dont see GA and non mile high 2 SA comics being affected..the issue is how much of the MH2 collection is still around, the video suggests a lot..

How will they collapse the market? Chuck can die and the business will keep on generating revenue off their website for years.

Who'd run it? Chances are that his store and inventory would be sold off if his family isn't interested in running the business. I doubt the market could easily absorb 10 million books.

and he'd trade all of them in a heartbeat to get back the Mile High Action #1

And the much-beloved Red Raven 1.

I'm curious. I never see his daughters at shows etc. Are they not interested in the hobby? When Chuck goes to the great sorting bin in the sky, do they just dump the stores and books? What is the effect of 10 million or so books being sold in that situation?

I thought that they were involved in the biz? I know I've seen pics of them at the MH booth over the years.

You have to give the man some credit at least he attends the events in person, he could just sit back at his ranch and count the profits. Those dollar bins add up over time and it makes the fans happy, so in effect he is keeping the hobby healthy. Also before you think I know him I live in Ireland and would give anything to browse his warehouse..

How will they collapse the market? Chuck can die and the business will keep on generating revenue off their website for years.

Who'd run it? Chances are that his store and inventory would be sold off if his family isn't interested in running the business. I doubt the market could easily absorb 10 million books.

I don't think they would run the business the same..that is to get more books and break even...probably the profit motive as well as disagreements as to running the business, the most obvious thing is MERGER with MCS or somebody else or complete sale, if it goes to person who buys and sells businesses acquires this everything will hit the market...my advice when it comes to investing in comic books is GA and top and early SA which will be immune from the dumping of the where house on the market.

The other possibly is Ha.com or CC buying it with the weekly auctions they could create a 10 year dump sell plan. and simply write a check ..a lot of different ideas....

I don't think they would run the business the same..that is to get more books and break even...probably the profit motive as well as disagreements as to running the business, the most obvious thing is MERGER with MCS or somebody else or complete sale, if it goes to person who buys and sells businesses acquires this everything will hit the market...my advice when it comes to investing in comic books is GA and top and early SA which will be immune from the dumping of the where house on the market.

The other possibly is Ha.com or CC buying it with the weekly auctions they could create a 10 year dump sell plan. and simply write a check ..a lot of different ideas....

There house.

10 million comics is nothing, especially when made up of hundreds of thousands of different issues from tens of thousands of titles and spanning many decades. For new releases, 10 million comics is a bad month in the 80s, a slow week in the early 90s :insane: or a great month today.

Of course, moving them all at once is a completely different matter.

He has to buy the book at a "bargain price" as he says he does in the videos buying extra inventory from stores and collections at a price that will make his business model work... guessing about 10 cents on the dollar or even less.

If you want the ability to find any comic book, NOW...then you pay chucks price..simple as that.

And that's why I don't buy his books.

Simple as that.

-slym

If you want the ability to find any comic book, NOW...then you pay chucks price CHECK EBAY..simple as that.

Ah yes, the place to go for correctly graded comics, contrary to same as MH.

FTFY

-slym

I hope his one daughter dumped that loser/cheat/thief Justen. If he gets his hands on that collection after Chuckles passes, there will be trouble.

The above is not libel. I have proof he is a liar, cheat, & thief.

Come at me, -J.

-slym

I hope his one daughter dumped that loser/cheat/thief Justen. If he gets his hands on that collection after Chuckles passes, there will be trouble.

The above is not libel. I have proof he is a liar, cheat, & thief.

Come at me, -J.

-slym

wow-that-escalated-quickly.png

He has to buy the book at a "bargain price" as he says he does in the videos buying extra inventory from stores and collections at a price that will make his business model work... guessing about 10 cents on the dollar or even less.

If you want the ability to find any comic book, NOW...then you pay chucks price..simple as that.

And that's why I don't buy his books.

Simple as that.

-slym

I'm big on buying cheap bronze readers right now mainly in the VG to F/VF range. Chuck has lots of stuff I would like but I can get most of it cheaper from mycomicshop. In the event that MCS doesn't have a particular issue, I'm okay with waiting.

I haven't bought anything off Mile High for 14 years, mainly because I feel they don't compete with a lot of other (smaller, but still huge and better) dealers out there, in a way I would like. In other words their books are not as good or varied, grading is dubious etc. It's a long list.

Chuck is cemented in the business due to a lucky find i.e Edgar Church. Take that away and I believe Chuck would have been in and out of the comic business years ago.

I'm curious, does he still send out those long winded emails detailing every aspect of his life, before leading up to the announcement of his latest mega-sale ???

I haven't bought anything off Mile High for 14 years, mainly because I feel they don't compete with a lot of other (smaller, but still huge and better) dealers out there, in a way I would like. In other words their books are not as good or varied, grading is dubious etc. It's a long list.

Chuck is cemented in the business due to a lucky find i.e Edgar Church. Take that away and I believe Chuck would have been in and out of the comic business years ago.

I'm curious, does he still send out those long winded emails detailing every aspect of his life, before leading up to the announcement of his latest mega-sale ???

He also had another huge score:

Mile High II Collection

He also had another huge score:

Mile High II Collection

I know about that one. Looks like he was in the right place at the right time...twice. Maybe I should get in touch with him and ask him to buy my lottery tickets for me hm