• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Chuck claims ownership of 10 million comic books..

133 posts in this topic

I haven't bought anything off Mile High for 14 years, mainly because I feel they don't compete with a lot of other (smaller, but still huge and better) dealers out there, in a way I would like. In other words their books are not as good or varied, grading is dubious etc. It's a long list.

Chuck is cemented in the business due to a lucky find i.e Edgar Church. Take that away and I believe Chuck would have been in and out of the comic business years ago.

I'm curious, does he still send out those long winded emails detailing every aspect of his life, before leading up to the announcement of his latest mega-sale ???

He also had another huge score:

Mile High II Collection

I know about that one. Looks like he was in the right place at the right time...twice. Maybe I should get in touch with him and ask him to buy my lottery tickets for me hm

he would probably do that - but you would pay 2x as much for the ticket - and get it after the drawing was already completed.........

I haven't bought anything off Mile High for 14 years, mainly because I feel they don't compete with a lot of other (smaller, but still huge and better) dealers out there, in a way I would like. In other words their books are not as good or varied, grading is dubious etc. It's a long list.

Chuck is cemented in the business due to a lucky find i.e Edgar Church. Take that away and I believe Chuck would have been in and out of the comic business years ago.

I'm curious, does he still send out those long winded emails detailing every aspect of his life, before leading up to the announcement of his latest mega-sale ???

Mile High II Collection

I know about that one. Looks like he was in the right place at the right time...twice. Maybe I should get in touch with him and ask him to buy my lottery tickets for me hm

Some would say Lucky, some would say something else regarding MH2....

Mile High II Collection

he would probably do that - but you would pay 2x as much for the ticket - and get it after the drawing was already completed.........

smiley.gif

-slym

can any one guess the impact if chuck dumped the entire mile high II collection on the market

I think the good stuff has already been sold off. Like the case of Giant Size X-Men.

he is saying on this history link on the sale it was 1 1/2 million books, but one of his videos he says he has packages of the mile high 2 collection books still and impies a lot of them....seems like a lot of guesswork but would be very careful to pay 5x guide for the highest graded copy if there is a chance chuck as 50 of them even better

can any one guess the impact if chuck dumped the entire mile high II collection on the market

I think the good stuff has already been sold off. Like the case of Giant Size X-Men.

he is saying on this history link on the sale it was 1 1/2 million books, but one of his videos he says he has packages of the mile high 2 collection books still and impies a lot of them....seems like a lot of guesswork but would be very careful to pay 5x guide for the highest graded copy if there is a chance chuck as 50 of them even better

50 of any one key won't drop market value though.

50 of any one key won't drop market value though.

Well it's just that it might cover a number of different issues.. There is a real danger if you pay a record premium price for 9.6 or 9.8 assuming that the census is correct. Buyer beware, I do agree that chuck has sold a lot of them but with 8 million comics in one place and two mil at the barn of the ranch anything goes.

Except that many of the MH2 books are not in such amazing condition. Maybe a lot of 9.0-9.4 stuff, but not as much 9.6-9.8 as you might think. I am pretty sure I have seen 8.5-9.0 slabs that say MH2 on them and these are BA books.

I'm assuming 95% of the 10 mill is pure drek. Perhaps I'm wrong. Over the years I've come to associate Mile High Comics and 'drek' as being synonomous. Can't help it.

Assuming the two million on the ranch...10 million total, that still is 500,000 good ones...lol

I'm assuming 95% of the 10 mill is pure drek. Perhaps I'm wrong. Over the years I've come to associate Mile High Comics and 'drek' as being synonomous. Can't help it.

I think you're being conservative.

;)

-slym