• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don`t get why everybody loves Marvel`s Civil War and doesn`t love DC`s BvS?

193 posts in this topic

Everyone ends up in a bad way and that's how it ends.

Not sure how that was applause worthy.

Just like Empire...a universally loved movie and the strongest SW movie.

I love seeing these characters on the screen. I just prefer a real story, a real villain, and a proper resolution. Like the first Avengers movie.

This didn't have that. I thought it was a decent movie, but... I just don't understand this 'greatest Marvel movie yet" train of thought.

And I loved the villain, I think I'm pretty done with Aliens, and/or quest for world domination. It couldn't have been a better Villian and motivation for me personally.

I came up with this yesterday in a conversation with my son, and I don't need anybody to validate it for me, nor do I expect or hope anyone feels the same. Winter Soldier, AOU and Civil War are THE trilogy of my adulthood as the SW trilogy was to my childhood. I love that these three movies have brought me back to the feelings and experiences of my childhood the way that NO other movies ever have. I never thought it would ever be replicated, but I am so glad these feeling have been resurrected for me and for that I will always be grateful to these three movies.

Jim

I love seeing these characters on the screen. I just prefer a real story, a real villain, and a proper resolution. Like the first Avengers movie.

This didn't have that. I thought it was a decent movie, but... I just don't understand this 'greatest Marvel movie yet" train of thought.

And I loved the villain, I think I'm pretty done with Aliens, and/or quest for world domination. It couldn't have been a better Villian and motivation for me personally.

I came up with this yesterday in a conversation with my son, and I don't need anybody to validate it for me, nor do I expect or hope anyone feels the same. Winter Soldier, AOU and Civil War are THE trilogy of my adulthood as the SW trilogy was to my childhood. I love that these three movies have brought me back to the feelings and experiences of my childhood the way that NO other movies ever have. I never thought it would ever be replicated, but I am so glad these feeling have been resurrected for me and for that I will always be grateful to these three movies.

Jim

This 100%

Jim

Wait, so Civil War is Empire or Jedi? It is the conclusion of the trilogy of movies you named... I'm confused.

And as I said before, if the Infinity War is next, it completely makes anything that happened in this movie as unnecessary, other than introduce new characters.

I enjoyed it... But no way is this the SW original trilogy to me.

The 3 movies you named take a back seat to the original Avengers and GOTG any day, though Winter Soldier I think is close.

Other than that, glad you enjoyed it. It is great having these movies to discuss.

This is a "refreshing" take....

That might be the dumbest thing I've heard today. All it would do is change the reason for the different sides taken. It would not stop the fight itself. Do you think Cap would be ok with a bribe to give up control and choice? Nope.

I find it interesting that the governments of the world would have the balls to give an ultimatum to a team that had the power to save the world in a situation they were completely helpless in.

I concur. It wouldn't happen in the real world.

No way over 100 countries would uniamously agree on one thing.

I find it interesting that the governments of the world would have the balls to give an ultimatum to a team that had the power to save the world in a situation they were completely helpless in.

One thing the world countries are agreeing on is that they like Civil War better than BvS at the box office. :D

I could see 100 countries agreeing to this (there are about 196 countries total). The Avengers are viewed as an elite United States controlled group in the MCU, basically giving the USA the biggest gun on the block ever. So I can easily see other countries wanting to take control of that group away from the US. It would just not be for the reasons stated in the accord, it would be for political, and balance of power reasons.

Jim

Wait, so Civil War is Empire or Jedi? It is the conclusion of the trilogy of movies you named... I'm confused.

And as I said before, if the Infinity War is next, it completely makes anything that happened in this movie as unnecessary, other than introduce new characters.

I enjoyed it... But no way is this the SW original trilogy to me.

The 3 movies you named take a back seat to the original Avengers and GOTG any day, though Winter Soldier I think is close.

Other than that, glad you enjoyed it. It is great having these movies to discuss.

All the Phase 2 Marvel Movies have someone getting their hand cut off a la Luke in Empire.

I have seen both movies in the theater and, for me, there is no doubt that Civil War is the more enjoyable movie. I am a much bigger Batman and Superman fan than I am of Marvel heroes as a whole, but BvS had some serious issues that sucked the fun out of it. If I had to pick a model for making a superhero movie, Civil War would be it. It had the right combination of action, grit, seriousness, humor, plot, characterizations, you name it, and it had it right. Really right.

I liked BvS in that it is an above average movie and LOOKS GREAT on the screen. It had a lot of the same qualities of Civil War that I mentioned above; however, it's missing something, other than humor, that would make it FEEL GREAT. I'm not looking for BvS to be Marvel. I don't mind the grittiness of Nolan's movies, but dang there is something missing that makes me really enjoy them like I do a Marvel movie.

Two things that I think are keys to Marvel's success... it's the actors and the characterizations. Their heroes are close to the comics and when they deviate from the comics, it's in a very positive way. RDJ is not the Tony Stark that I remember from the comics, but dog gone it, he may be better. Is Hugh Jackman the Wolverine from the comics? Not exactly, but I like his version. Character after character they seem to get it right.

Track me here, I am not saying I think DCU is doing the actor/characterization thing wrong. But I am saying that Marvel is doing it really, really right. I like Cavell as Supes and Affleck as Batman. Gal Gadot seems to be a homerun as Wonder Woman. But, they throw us a curveball with Batman in BvS when he does the things he does. It doesn't feel right and it's not fun. Marvel seems to err on the side of either cool or fun and it works.

2c