• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don`t get why everybody loves Marvel`s Civil War and doesn`t love DC`s BvS?

193 posts in this topic

Both great movies.

Tons of action.

Both had sad and happy moments.

Both had great villains.

I just don`t get why one is universally loved,while the other isn`t?

The only thing I can think of is there is a bias against DC movies.

Kind of like Apple gurus dissing everything else.

Both great movies.

Tons of action.

Both had great villains.

I did not think BVS was as bad as pple made it out to be. Perhaps the expectation was so high that the movie was doomed from the outset, from a critics point of you. Financially it's done great.

Having said that Civil War was a far more intelligent movie. Definitely better scripted with good character development. Plus it's lighter toned even when dealing with serious issues. Not my cup of tea but it would appeal to a larger audience.

As for villians, think that's a no contest. Actually civil war could have done without Zemo in it. He played out his role wonderfully as opposed to joker Luther.

Both great movies.

Tons of action.

Both had great villains.

If that's the only thing you can think of, I'd suggest thinking harder.

I don't think it's a DC thing, I think we all love comic book movies and want them to be great. Nolan's Batman trilogy is loved by many including me. 2c

I haven't seen Civil War yet, my daughter started laughing when I said that's what I wanted to do for Mother's Day;) but I did enjoy the BVS movie, it wasn't my FAVORITE, but I didn't want my money back and I preordered the Blue Ray, something I never do.

All I know is both movies made me excited to be a super hero fan when I left the theatre.

I just can`t understand why one was rated 27%,while the other was rated 91% by Rotten Tomatoes critics.

To see such a disparity shows something is up? hm

I just don`t get the disparity.

They both were good movies.

BVS was a decent movie and the action scenes make up for a lot of flat non superhero scenes. I would love a DC movie to be amazing. They just don't know how to do it like Marvel.

Marvel just has the edge and DC needs to step up their game with casting (Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was a total lame move).

Civil War is just a better movie.

All I know is both movies made me excited to be a super hero fan when I left the theatre.

I just can`t understand why one was rated 27%,while the other was rated 91% by Rotten Tomatoes critics.

To see such a disparity shows something is up? hm

I just don`t get the disparity.

They both were good movies.

I agree with you.

BVS was a decent movie and the action scenes make up for a lot of flat non superhero scenes. I would love a DC movie to be amazing. They just don't know how to do it like Marvel.

Marvel just has the edge and DC needs to step up their game with casting (Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was a total lame move).

Civil War is just a better movie.

I really need to see Civil War soon. Especially as a fan of both DC and Marvel, I can appreciate either universe.

:whee:

Both great movies.

Tons of action.

Both had great villains.

It's not enough to have all the same ingredients. It's how all the ingredients come together that make the broth taste good or bad.

Can't speak for BvS vs. Civil War yet because I haven't seen the latter, but it's not just a DC vs. Marvel thing.

I actually saw The Amazing Spider-Man back to back with the Dark Knight Rises back when they first came out.

And there was no comparison between the two.

I liked Garfield's take on Spider-Man, enjoyed the scenes with the Lizard and vastly preferred it to Spider-Man 3.

But it was a 2.5 star "meh" movie relative to the Dark Knight Rises, which was operatic in scope and made Bane a scarier and more compelling villain than he'd been even in Knightfall -- particularly after his pathetic portrayal in Batman & Robin.

Quality matters. There was nothing *wrong* with The Amazing Spider-Man, even if it didn't reach the heights of Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2.

But The Dark Knight Rises blew it away on almost every level, and I've never felt the need to re-watch The Amazing Spider-Man, whereas I own The Dark Knight Rises.

I liked both movies, but Civil War was much more fun, and it didn't look like it was edited in a blender. Plus, likable characters helps a lot. CW had that in abundance.

I enjoyed both.

They hit the same plot notes in many ways however BvsS had a few clear mis-fires in pacing and tone.

The biggest problem is DC seems to dive a little to deep into dystopia.

Especially with Superman.

Im with the OP It has to be a bias of some sort. The rotten tomatoes differential was ridiculous. Personally I though B v S was a better movie. Im a fan of both , own gold and silver from both, etc want them both to do excellent

You know what I don't get?

...how ANYONE, especially anyone who is a member of this message board, could POSSIBLY think IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM that BvS is a better movie than Civil War.

Honestly, it makes me not want to leave the house that people are THAT out of touch with reality.

You know what I don't get?

...how ANYONE, especially anyone who is a member of this message board, could POSSIBLY think IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM that BvS is a better movie than Civil War.

Honestly, it makes me not want to leave the house that people are THAT out of touch with reality.

No. Please. Leave the house.

:baiting:

:jokealert:

Im with the OP It has to be a bias of some sort. The rotten tomatoes differential was ridiculous. Personally I though B v S was a better movie. Im a fan of both , own gold and silver from both, etc want them both to do excellent

That`s my beef. The differential. There has to be a bias.

Even ASM 2 Garfield was in the 50s on Rotten Tomatoes.