• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, manetteska said:

From Chicago Fan Expo. 

I have been looking in back issue bins for years for a Hardware 49 and never found one. Finally saw this copy from a dealer still setting up and bought it just to have one. The seller also had two copies of Static 45 but they were priced above graded copies. 

4444EF8D-4ED8-42CD-8AED-F7865878376C.thumb.jpeg.2b8315e96e64e8f8f6c595c5611e9bae.jpeg

I have to go back and look for those Destroyer Ducks. They were in there including that final issue

On 7/15/2022 at 3:01 PM, manetteska said:

Are those your boxes or a seller's?

A seller’s. He has so many that it’s taking me hours, days, weeks to go through them all. So I haven’t purchased my longbox full yet

On 7/15/2022 at 8:48 PM, littledoom said:

A seller’s. He has so many that it’s taking me hours, days, weeks to go through them all. So I haven’t purchased my longbox full yet

Is he setting a price for a long box or looking up Crystar on eBay?

On 7/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, jsilverjanet said:

4 “000” newsstand copies 

E846791E-9265-4B7C-8897-A814611770E2.jpeg

C8A7FC71-89A6-4175-AA30-D0DBDA3FA899.jpeg

Now find four newsstand second printings just like them!

...I kid, I kid. Newsstand 000s aren't quasi-mythical, but I don't think I've ever seen a nice stack of them, in good grades, like that.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:12 PM, Qalyar said:

Now find four newsstand second printings just like them!

...I kid, I kid. Newsstand 000s aren't quasi-mythical, but I don't think I've ever seen a nice stack of them, in good grades, like that.

I suspect that there are more common than we think as not many people check for the 000 on the first page 

a lot of people don’t bother to check that 

On 7/16/2022 at 8:32 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I suspect that there are more common than we think as not many people check for the 000 on the first page 

a lot of people don’t bother to check that 

Agreed. I think any book that's indistinguishable from the outside is underrepresented. But I still doubt there are just tons of these, especially compared to the corrected version.

Okay what do I have here. I know there was a df copy of this book that was signed and numbered to 1500. This is Perez signature but no number did they do a 2nd signature that was not numbered or is this just a possible con signature. If look at the df copies the sign is dead on which leads me to thing it was signes at same time. I have no certificate with this.

It looks like at mycomicshop this was a promotional copy of some sort or maybe retailers could order one?

20220719_213621.jpg

Edited by fastballspecial

On 7/20/2022 at 3:01 PM, fastballspecial said:
On 7/20/2022 at 1:01 PM, The Meta said:

Wolverine 75 is turning out to be one of those books you always find in the wild 

Keep in mind for a long time this was the book that wasnt found much. I think I have found now 3 or 4 over the years.

Especially with a distorted holos? Can be hard to come by, may seem common as the demand is not always strong...

Eventually it may pick up, but I'm not sure what the catalyst will be :)

On 7/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, The Meta said:

Seems like the catalyst is putting it into a 90s bag and leaving it in a locker room

It hasnt ever been replicated to mu knowledge, on purpose. There are theories though. :cheers:

Just none proven

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/20/2022 at 7:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It hasnt ever been replicated to mu knowledge, on purpose. There are theories though. :cheers:

Just none proven

Tis a joke

On 7/20/2022 at 6:46 PM, The Meta said:

Tis a joke

Lol it was a good one! Ha

I have vested interest, and if it ever turns out to be "man made" I'd like to be of the first to know, though.

But I feel you in that it DOES feel that way lol

On 7/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, The Meta said:

Seems like the catalyst is putting it into a 90s bag and leaving it in a locker room

On 7/20/2022 at 7:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol it was a good one! Ha

I have vested interest, and if it ever turns out to be "man made" I'd like to be of the first to know, though.

But I feel you in that it DOES feel that way lol

I've had my raws in a storage container that experienced temperature changes for a few years and haven't noticed a change. They still look exactly like how I pulled them off the shelf 

So who really knows