• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 2:12 AM, IbukiLord said:

Less than 1000 of these according to comichron print run, never thought I'd find one in the wild yet alone for cover price.

AnE6Rpp.jpg

Comichron does not have print run numbers for that issue, nor do they have any numbers for the variant.

Also, this thread was never intended to be about variants (as mentioned in the OP).

On 8/16/2022 at 8:56 PM, Lazyboy said:

Comichron does not have print run numbers for that issue, nor do they have any numbers for the variant.

Also, this thread was never intended to be about variants (as mentioned in the OP).

Well yes it does, print run/orders you can argue the semantics about it if you like not going to get that petty over it. Anyway orders in at an estimate of 24,250, 2 covers a cover A and a 1:25, so as is standard we can average that out to under a 1000 could be more could be less, most likely less, I've never seen one yet alone found one in the wild before hence my post (opening paragraph of this thread)

aNWCOnb.png

Doesn't say anywhere in the OP about variants outside of 1/500 stuff and literally the 2nd post of the thread is about a variant.

If the post upset you then I'll have to apologize for that. Happy for you to report it and have it removed.

Edited by IbukiLord

On 8/16/2022 at 5:41 PM, IbukiLord said:

Well yes it does, print run/orders you can argue the semantics about it if you like not going to get that petty over it. Anyway orders in at an estimate of 24,250, 2 covers a cover A and a 1:25, so as is standard we can average that out to under a 1000 could be more could be less, most likely less, I've never seen one yet alone found one in the wild before hence my post (opening paragraph of this thread)

aNWCOnb.png

Print runs and estimated initial North American Direct market orders are different things. The print numbers of ratio variants cannot be estimated because they aren't print ratios and the publishers print whatever they want for whatever reasons they have. There is nothing available on which an proper estimate can be based. No semantics or pettiness, just facts.

Doesn't say anywhere in the OP about variants outside of 1/500 stuff

So you focus on the point-making hyperbole (ignoring/not understanding that it is hyperbole) rather than "Its just books you don't see a lot that you should see more of" because you expect to see this variant a lot? :eyeroll:

and literally the 2nd post of the thread is about a variant.

Lots of people post stupid things in lots of threads. And?

If the post upset you then I'll have to apologize for that. Happy for you to report it and have it removed.

(shrug)

On 8/7/2022 at 6:39 PM, littledoom said:

Today’s lone dollar book. It was the only comic at a particular booth. It was freely sitting on top of a pile of photographs, stamps, newspapers, etc. The couple was happy I was able to buy their obscure odd comic 

12BDBC1C-9C27-4853-B957-4DB54E8B933B.thumb.jpeg.f7859ab183c1e5cfe069c47ee0ff8f5a.jpeg

Sam and Max rule!

On 8/17/2022 at 12:22 AM, godzilla43 said:

The idea for this thread is to highlight comic books that are not keys or variants but are hard to find like low print last issues example. GI JOE 155 or some 2000s newsstands. Anyways I don't mind if time to time someone posts that he found a hard to find variant from a dollar bin.. 

I Iike to think of this thread as books you can only find on eBay and not “in the wild”. Wolverine Origins 28 2nd print is something I’ve never found in the cheap bins several years of looking and have given up effort on lol.

On 8/31/2022 at 6:11 PM, fastballspecial said:

Been looking for over 10 years in the Wild for this book. 
NM copy to boot for pocket change. Finally got to read
the story that started Avengers Annual 10.

mshmarvel.thumb.jpg.86f81058cb2a9e9d941fde7f988462c4.jpg

That's so weird because I've found, probably, 15 in the last couple of years (sold all of them except the one I still have). I never thought of it as scarce at all because I've found so many, so I wonder if it some regions got more than others. I bought a stack of them from one shop's 50 cent boxes a couple years ago and then I reached out to try to buy the original art to the cover (I was unsuccessful in that effort).

On 9/1/2022 at 10:47 AM, Michael Browning said:

That's so weird because I've found, probably, 15 in the last couple of years (sold all of them except the one I still have). I never thought of it as scarce at all because I've found so many, so I wonder if it some regions got more than others. I bought a stack of them from one shop's 50 cent boxes a couple years ago and then I reached out to try to buy the original art to the cover (I was unsuccessful in that effort).

I've also found 10 or 12 of these in the wild (typically for less than $2), and flipped them all quickly on eBay.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, Brock said:

I've also found 10 or 12 of these in the wild (typically for less than $2), and flipped them all quickly on eBay.

Me too. I usually find one about once a year for cheap. 2020 in a comic shops bins, December 2021 $2 flea market, this July at a dollar sale. The 80 page one I never find is the Winter Special 1st Squirrel Girl cheap. The back cover usually has a light black/grey vertical line down the spine. Idk why

Edited by littledoom

On 9/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, fastballspecial said:

Right it shouldn't be hard to find but each of u I think are much larger markets then me I think or u do this full time. I never see the book. Even at shows I couldnt find it even a full market value.

I live in West Virginia, so you can’t get a much smaller market. 🤷‍♂️

On 9/1/2022 at 6:50 PM, Michael Browning said:
On 9/1/2022 at 5:40 PM, fastballspecial said:

Right it shouldn't be hard to find but each of u I think are much larger markets then me I think or u do this full time. I never see the book. Even at shows I couldnt find it even a full market value.

I live in West Virginia, so you can’t get a much smaller market. 🤷‍♂️

Well we can't all be as talented as you are. (shrug)

On 9/1/2022 at 6:24 PM, jsilverjanet said:

So is the book really hard to find?

I’ve found 5 copies recently 

:whistle:

I wouldn't classify it as HTF. Annuals, 80 pages specials, etcs aren't as easy to track down as regular floppies but you know how it goes.. ten years no copies then one day you'll find 10 together in a dollar box