• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2023 at 1:14 PM, Lazyboy said:

That was a response to fastballspecial, who was implying that he has people asking about them all the time. If you think nobody would ever ask dealers about Newsstands, take it up with him.

Where did I say that?

See you twist what people say to your advantage. Try to be accurate.

I didnt imply anything. I even stated above that this is a fringe part of the hobby.
I said this. "You dont have customers at shows asking if we can find these books for them."

Setting up since 2007. Have you set up this decade? 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 4/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, fastballspecial said:

10s of thousands

I hate to say it but every time I look at this cover I cringe at the serious anatomical errors. The artist had a fairly good idea where the limbs belong and their approximate shapes but all the details inside are hilarious in the context of real anatomy. There are extra muscles all over the place and a few visible tendons that shouldn't be visible.

On 4/10/2023 at 5:40 PM, fastballspecial said:

Where did I say that?

I didnt imply anything. I even stated above that this is a fringe part of the hobby.
I said this. "You dont have customers at shows asking if we can find these books for them."

That's not implying that you (and others) have had customers at shows asking you to find those books? Really?

Setting up since 2007. Have you set up this decade?

This decade? Technically no, since the first show of 2020, which I was signed up for, was cancelled and local shows have basically just restarted.

On 4/10/2023 at 7:23 PM, Lazyboy said:

Where did I say that?

That's not implying that you (and others) have had customers at shows asking you to find those books? Really?

No and the fact that you can't acknowledge the difference is all I need to know. "Implying" and "All the time" are not words
I used. You made them up to fit your narrative based solely on your viewpoint not words I used. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 4/10/2023 at 7:59 PM, fastballspecial said:

No and the fact that you can't acknowledge the difference is all I need to know. "Implying" and "All the time" are not words
I used. You made them up to fit your narrative based solely on your viewpoint not words I used. 

You can argue that "all the time" is a stretch and that's fair. But if you don't understand what the language you used implied, you're a bad writer. Implying something has nothing to do with using the word "imply" or any variation thereof.

On 4/10/2023 at 10:06 PM, Lazyboy said:

You can argue that "all the time" is a stretch and that's fair. But if you don't understand what the language you used implied, you're a bad writer. Implying something has nothing to do with using the word "imply" or any variation thereof.

Oh it's my fault now? I raally appreciate it u pointing that out. Hope it makes u feel better.

• Administrator
On 4/11/2023 at 1:41 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 4/11/2023 at 12:06 PM, fastballspecial said:

Oh it's my fault now? I raally appreciate it u pointing that out. Hope it makes u feel better.

Yes, you are entirely responsible for the words you use. How is this a real question? (shrug)

It's obvious that you two are not going to come to any kind of agreement.  I recommending you both agree to disagree.  Otherwise, I will have to step in and make this stop.

On 4/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's obvious that you two are not going to come to any kind of agreement.  I recommending you both agree to disagree.  Otherwise, I will have to step in and make this stop.

This board needs a steel chair emoji, where someone can interfere from outside the fight, with neither combatant getting a clear victory.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:56 AM, Dalehamblin said:

These are mine I cannot find them in stores or online 

You know you can read threads (or at least the first post) before posting in them, right?

On 4/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, Dalehamblin said:

Thanks I will take that on board 👍

I would recommend the ignore function to some board members. 

You will quickly discover which board members are magnetically attracted to conflict, pulling users in wherever they post.

There is no sense in engaging, and I suggest just flat out blocking them.

The boards here are such a nice place, which becomes so much more evident when a select few get added to your ignore list.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:06 PM, D2 said:

I would recommend the ignore function to some board members. 

You will quickly discover which board members are magnetically attracted to conflict, pulling users in wherever they post.

There is no sense in engaging, and I suggest just flat out blocking them.

The boards here are such a nice place, which becomes so much more evident when a select few get added to your ignore list.

And thank you, I dident know that option existed. 

On 4/19/2023 at 4:16 PM, Dalehamblin said:

And thank you, I dident know that option existed. 

Just hover your mouse cursor over someone's name, and a box will appear.

On that box, to the bottom right corner you will see an Ignore button.

When you click on that, it will send you to the user ignore page, and you can highlight what you'd like to ignore.

If you click all 4 options, you will not hear from that user again.

A lovely lovely function. I should have used it sooner, and I use it now. Happy Board! Out with the bad! :)