• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

My point was that the poster was pointing to the sale of some slabs as some sort of indication (I guess?) that this was an easy book because someone owned, and sold, 3 9.8 slabs. i don't think it means all that much other than someone hunted them down and slabbed them and then sold them for some good money. nobody was saying the book isn't out there.

Nope, I know there are more than 3 copies in existence.

There's only one person that seems to care about that book.

Right. Because people don't know how rare it is. So, if someone's claiming that it's available, I'd like to see where. If it's not available, it's just possible that some people out there collect Adam Hughes rarities and might be interested to know about it. Or are we not supposed to post new information unless people already care about it, in which case it's not new?

Yes, thank you for posting this book. I don't think most of us had heard about or seen it before.

I'll say this every time like a broken record, rarity or relative rarity does not mean anything. Supply < demand is all that matters. Hughes has tons of early work that nobody seems to care about because it is not the style or quality of work that made him popular today.

OK, thanks. I haven't seen anyone that has a physical copy verify that though, per my previous comments about the art style. Sounds like it is Adam vs. Stephen though.

Agree that rarity by itself doesn't mean anything. Rarity plus collectible creator, however, seems to. There are lots of Alan Moore rarities that I've chased down because it's Alan Moore and it's fun. Likewise with Adam Hughes. I guarantee you you're wrong about "nobody" caring about early Hughes, cuz I do and I know some of it is tough to find.

There's only one person that seems to care about that book.

Right. Because people don't know how rare it is. So, if someone's claiming that it's available, I'd like to see where. If it's not available, it's just possible that some people out there collect Adam Hughes rarities and might be interested to know about it. Or are we not supposed to post new information unless people already care about it, in which case it's not new?

Yes, thank you for posting this book. I don't think most of us had heard about or seen it before.

I'll say this every time like a broken record, rarity or relative rarity does not mean anything. Supply < demand is all that matters. Hughes has tons of early work that nobody seems to care about because it is not the style or quality of work that made him popular today.

OK, thanks. I haven't seen anyone that has a physical copy verify that though, per my previous comments about the art style. Sounds like it is Adam vs. Stephen though.

Agree that rarity by itself doesn't mean anything. Rarity plus collectible creator, however, seems to. There are lots of Alan Moore rarities that I've chased down because it's Alan Moore and it's fun. Likewise with Adam Hughes. I guarantee you you're wrong about "nobody" caring about early Hughes, cuz I do and I know some of it is tough to find.

Early AH is still my favorite, because that's when I started collecting his stuff. Justice League, Maze Agency, Legends of Stargrazers, all of that great stuff!

Hughes has tons of early work that nobody seems to care about because it is not the style or quality of work that made him popular today.

That is a result of the subject of the cover and interior.

So a Catwoman in the style of that Scandals cover would be doing just as well?

Hughes has tons of early work that nobody seems to care about because it is not the style or quality of work that made him popular today.

Doing just as well as what? I'm not familiar with the sales history of Scandals book. But if Catwoman was on the cover, yes it would sell significantly better than whatever it does now. If you are appealing to a larger number of collectors while keeping the supply the same, your price is going to go up. You put Supergirl on the cover of Sally Forth 8 and you have a thousand dollar book.

Doing just as well as what? I'm not familiar with the sales history of Scandals book. But if Catwoman was on the cover, yes it would sell significantly better than whatever it does now. If you are appealing to a larger number of collectors while keeping the supply the same, your price is going to go up. You put Supergirl on the cover of Sally Forth 8 and you have a thousand dollar book.

:facepalm:

Taking another L, at least you're consistent.

Interesting... Supergirl #23 Hughes cover is getting closer to a $1,000 book in CGC 9.8. I wonder what a CGC 9.8 of Sally Forth #8 would go for today? If Dirty Pair can achieve $300 or so, I have to assume Sally Forth would go higher.

Taking another L, at least you're consistent.

:roflmao:

I think your eyes are broken in terms of artwork.

Interesting... Supergirl #23 Hughes cover is getting closer to a $1,000 book in CGC 9.8. I wonder what a CGC 9.8 of Sally Forth #8 would go for today? If Dirty Pair can achieve $300 or so, I have to assume Sally Forth would go higher.

Scandals would be about as much as Action #1.