• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Quick compilation of most of the issues mentioned, including original contributor (Sorry about the formatting :sick: ):

(Any Acme Library book) SharpComics.com

(Deadpool (v.1) and especially associated one-shots and Annuals) followtheleader

(Doomsday/Death of Superman issues) Later Printings Fastballspecial

(Fatal Attractions issues) Blue Hologram THB

(Women of Marvel one-shots) Lonzilla

(X-Men Pressmans) Aweandlorder

Action Comics 583 Lazyboy

Action Comics 869 Beer Aweandlorder

Akira 35-38 Aweandlorder

Amazing Spider-Man 430-431 SharpComics.com

Amazing Spider-Man (v.2) 36 Lonzilla

Amazing Spider-Man (v.2) 546 Book Market Fastballspecial

Amazing Spider-Man (v.2) 638 2nd Print FlyingDonut

Amazing Spider-Man Toy Fair Toy Special Aweandlorder

Angst Boy 3 Lonzilla

Avengers (v.3) 77 Newsstand FlyingDonut

Avengers: Death Trap, The Vault GN Lazyboy

Batman 635 Lonzilla

Batman Beyond 3rd Print Fastballspecial

Batman Strikes 35-45 Aweandlorder

Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children 30 FlyingDonut

Black Panther (v.2) 22-23 Aweandlorder

Catwoman (v.2) 70 Lonzilla

Clone 10 Lonzilla

Coyote 11 deadleg

Creatures of the Id SharpComics.com

Daredevil 254 Lonzilla

Daredevil 380 ProcessedMeatMan

Daredevil (v.2) 40 Newsstand FlyingDonut

Darkhawk 48-50 creaturefan95

Dead Air TPB SharpComics.com

Deadpool (v. "most recent") 35 Doktor

Deadpool: The Circle Chase 4 Lonzilla

Deathstroke 58-60 Aweandlorder

Dreamwalker 0 Aweandlorder

Elseworlds 80-Page Giant Aweandlorder

Encyclopedia Deadpoolica BishopT

Fantastic Four (v.3) 60 Newsstand FlyingDonut

Fist of the North Star Master Edition 1? Aweandlorder

Flash (v.2) 197 Aweandlorder

Flex Mentallo 1-4 SharpComics.com

Floyd Farland SharpComics.com

G.I. Joe Special 1 deadleg

Gen13 1 (various) Aweandlorder

Genus 1, 2 SharpComics.com

Ghost Rider (v.2) 93 creaturefan95

Ghost Rider 2099 25 Beastfeast

Grafik Musik 1-4 SharpComics.com

Graphique Musique 1-3 SharpComics.com

Green Arrow 100 Fastballspecial

Green Arrow 101 Aweandlorder

Guardians of the Galaxy (v.2) 1 (any cover) BishopT

Hack/Slash / Suicide Girls Annual Covers D&E Fastballspecial

Hardware 50 Fastballspecial

Hellblazer 27 eyeofhorus777

Hulk: The End Doktor

Incredible Hulk 377 3rd Print gradejunky

Incredible Hulk 449 Lonzilla

Incredible Hulk (v.2) 55 Newsstand FlyingDonut

Incredible Hulk vs. Venom Lazyboy

Jason vs. Leatherface 3 gradejunky

Lady Mechanika 0 BishopT

Legion of Super-Heroes (v.2) 38 Lazyboy

Lobo 64 Fastballspecial

Lone Wolf and Cub 45 SharpComics.com

Man of Steel 123 2nd Print Defx

Maximum Carnage promo maidenmate91

Millennium Edition: MAD 1 Error Aweandlorder

Millennium Edition: SPJO 1 Error Aweandlorder

Mortal Kombat 4 Limited Edition Aweandlorder

Ms. Marvel 18 BishopT

New Kids on the Block Hi-C Promo Aweandlorder

New Titans 130 Lazyboy

NYX 3 krighton

Pitt 20 Fastballspecial

Powerade/DC "King James" (Lebron) AKA Rick

Predator vs. Magnus TPB valiantman

Promethea 32 Fastballspecial

Punisher 102 Aweandlorder

Punisher Armory 10 Aweandlorder

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe 2008 Skull Variant Beastfeast

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe (any version) Fastballspecial

Sandman 75 2nd Print CJ

Sensational She-Hulk 60 Lazyboy

Shadowman (v.2) 16 Glow SharpComics.com

Showcase '96 3 Fastballspecial

Silver Surfer (v.2) 100 (regular) Fastballspecial

Silver Surfer (v.2) 100 "Marvel Watch" retailer edition SharpComics.com

Silver Surfer (v.2) 146 SharpComics.com

Spectacular Spider-Man 107-110 Lonzilla

Spectre (v.3) 54 followtheleader

Spectre (v.3) 62 BishopT

Spider-Man 2099 35 Aweandlorder

Spider-Man Special Edition Lazyboy

Static 45 ygogolak

Static Shock: Rebirth of the Cool TPB Aweandlorder

Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane 106 Lonzilla

Swamp Thing (v.2) 171 readcomix

THB 1 SharpComics.com

TMNT (v.3) 23 BishopT

Uncanny X-Force 4 Plantman

Uncanny X-Men 266 natevegas

Uncanny X-Men 302 "Blank" (UPC box and around issue number) awakeintheashes

Uncanny X-Men 423 Newsstand FlyingDonut

Uncanny X-Men 423 Newsstand with "Only 25c" circle - rarest version kolmaravenue

Unity 2000 3 ("of 6") - Final issue published valiantman

Vampirella 113 Aweandlorder

Venom: Deathtrap: The Vault Lazyboy

Veronica 202 Aweandlorder

Vision 4-5 Lonzilla

War of the Undead 1-3 ygogolak

Wolverine (v.2) 55 CSS22 Variant readcomix

Wonder Woman (v.2) 72 maraxusofkeld

Wonder Woman (v.2) 84 Kevin76

Wonder Woman (v.2) 184 JLS Comics

X-Men Origins Deadpool BishopT

Y: The Last Man 1 BishopT

That's from the beginning. Otherwise I wouldn't list original contributors, since many books have been mentioned independently by multiple people (the Static 45 mentions and discussions alone take up about 10% of the thread lol ). Caveat: some images are missing so some original contributors may be incorrect if they didn't spell out the issue they were posting.

But I made it for myself to keep track of what's already been mentioned and it's not totally complete, for various reasons.

Edited by Lazyboy

Is Ka-Zar 8 with the Spiderman CD intact something hard to find? I see ebay listings, but they do not say if the CD is still in there. Did every comic that month have a CD? I just don't think I have any others with a CD.

Also, Ghost Rider 92 is probably just as hard to find as 93.

Darkhawk Annual 3 isn't one you trip over all the time.

And, of course, like everyone else, I have been trying to find an Alf 48 in the wild forever. They're not rare, they've just been scooped up and cherished lovingly in collections. I have hit countless "Alf" sections and this one is always gone.

Kid ‘N Play #9 (1992) Marvel Comics

Muppet Babies Vol.1 #10 (1986) Star Comics

Bloodshot Vol. 1 #51 (1996) Valiant

Masters of the Universe Vol. 2 #12

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #23(1996) Image

Darkhawk Vol.1 #50 (1996) Marvel Comics

Heathcliff #12 (1986) Star Comics

Conan The Barbarian Vol. 1 #275

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #72 (1995) Archie Comics

Armorines Vol. 2 #4 (2000) Acclaim

Care Bears Vol.1 #7 (1986) Star Comics

SOURCE

Good lord this thread is growing wings.

Alf 48 I have pretty much decided doesnt exist, but on ebay.

Its nowhere in the 4 states I travel too semi-regularly looking for books.

I would even pay a pretty penny in a store if they had it.

1. Why did they make 48 issues of Alf. Was that not a sign of the bubble burst? We can't even get 48 issues of Spider Man anymore.

2. Why are you going to four states looking for an Alf comic? There may be a support group for that.

Edited by ygogolak

I will say that back in the 80s when we learned that a title was canceled we savagely cut orders. Part of the deal back then was buying a few extra copies for the bins because the market was so strong. You'd buy extra X-Men and then mark them up 20 cents when you put them in the bins. But if Rom or Star Wars were canceled, it seemed to predict a big cut in future back issue demand, so an extra reason to cut orders.

1999? That hardly qualifies as "early" for Adam Hughes.

Fair point. I hadn't realized the year--I was going by the style. Not to mention the fashion sense.

As MichaelBrowning replied, it could be early work that was inventoried for years before being printed. That's certainly plausible.

Unfortunately, there seems to be very little information available on that issue and that publisher.

Yes, you just can't find it in the wild!

Good lord this thread is growing wings.

Alf 48 I have pretty much decided doesnt exist, but on ebay.

Its nowhere in the 4 states I travel too semi-regularly looking for books.

I would even pay a pretty penny in a store if they had it.

1. Why did they make 48 issues of Alf. Was that not a sign of the bubble burst? We can't even get 48 issues of Spider Man anymore.

2. Why are you going to four states looking for an Alf comic? There may be a support group for that.

1. They didn't make 48 issues of ALF... they made 50. It's just the nature of comics based on licensed properties. They mostly follow the popularity of the property, rather than comic trends.

2. lol

I've seen a fair number of copies, but none where the grade and price converged for a purchase. There was one copy I likely would have purchased, had the box it was in not been left half empty. :P

I'm still looking for a Deathstroke 60 in the wild. I have a feeling I'll be looking awhile.

Believe or not you can find DS 60 sometimes, but some of the last 6 issues or so I struggle with. I have never seen DS 58 and DS 50 and up are all tough most of the time. They might not sell for a lot, but you wont see them much.

I've pulled a couple of DS 60's in the past year, but the Joker cover (58?) is impossible, at least around here.

Does this book show up for you guys? None in my area but plenty of 1sts.

Also, I don't see many slabs on eBay, but raw copies are selling for less than the 1st print :shrug:

CaXbWH1.jpg

I ordered one of these off of CCL a while back before this book really exploded, but it didn't ship for whatever reason. Just found one a few months ago as a wall book in a store I seldom visit, I want to say it was marked at $35 but got it for $25. The first print has been hard to find around here for years, but I found my two copies in another store that I hardly visit (nor many others, for that matter) collecting dust for cover price. I've since seen it as a wall book at shows with the price jacked up to high heaven.

Found some pretty decent stuff today that I never see... got 90-94(EDIT whoops, I meant #93) of the 90s Ghost Rider series for a buck a pop, as well as the Daredevil/Black Widow: Abattoir graphic novel for $8. Never see that one anywhere, even shows, and the only listing I found on eBay is over $120... whether the value is actually that high or not, the book is legit hard to find, being the first one I've ever seen.

Edited by BishopT

Found some pretty decent stuff today that I never see... got 90-94 of the 90s Ghost Rider series for a buck a pop, as well as the Daredevil/Black Widow: Abattoir graphic novel for $8. Never see that one anywhere, even shows, and the only listing I found on eBay is over $120... whether the value is actually that high or not, the book is legit hard to find, being the first one I've ever seen.

Plenty of copies available for less on Amazon. Still $40+ though.

Also, I don't see many slabs on eBay, but raw copies are selling for less than the 1st print :shrug:

CaXbWH1.jpg

I ordered one of these off of CCL a while back before this book really exploded, but it didn't ship for whatever reason. Just found one a few months ago as a wall book in a store I seldom visit, I want to say it was marked at $35 but got it for $25. The first print has been hard to find around here for years, but I found my two copies in another store that I hardly visit (nor many others, for that matter) collecting dust for cover price. I've since seen it as a wall book at shows with the price jacked up to high heaven.

Found some pretty decent stuff today that I never see... got 90-94(EDIT whoops, I meant #93) of the 90s Ghost Rider series for a buck a pop, as well as the Daredevil/Black Widow: Abattoir graphic novel for $8. Never see that one anywhere, even shows, and the only listing I found on eBay is over $120... whether the value is actually that high or not, the book is legit hard to find, being the first one I've ever seen.

How r u going to list Abattoir and not post a pic :ohnoez:

Thank you aerischan for highlighting this for us.. Great book to own, I found 2 in the past

1140393-p00001___daredevil_black_widow_abattoir.jpg

Edited by Aweandlorder

Awean, I have no idea if those mid 80s last issues "appreciated" in the late 80s (my spare money was going to less dorkly pursuits then), but they weren't last issues because nobody was buying the series, they were last issues because of a reboot. And they were dollar (or less) box books later. I don't see how those minimal flips (what were they, $5?), provided a motivation to cash starved dealers (and everyone was hurting) to bet their rent money 10 years later getting extras of dead, not rebooted, titles, in the hopes that in a couple of years they could mark them up. I understand there is no secret that some last issues are hard to find (star wars 107, vampi, ji joe, transformers.. and have commanded premiums, but most did not. You are trying to imply that there are tons of the hard to find issues we are talking about because Chuck "let it out of the bag" years earlier, but if there was, ebay would show it. It is going to be issue by issue, of course, not every title was cancelled with a 6k print run. Some were plenty higher. Of course, 6k doesn't seem THAT LOW nowadays. Static 45 might be really hard to find, but many of the others are not. Even if only 1/3 survived, the Internet will bring copies to market.

you should be more productive by listing more items on eBay than jump through hoops trying to explain to us what's the definition of a final issue and its reasoning for termination.

Youve asked for examples and I gave you plenty. You don't agree. Great. You win.

I have no desire spinning this thread further off topic than it already has.

It seems you do, despite several thread contributors asking for it to go back on track.

So sorry. No soup for you. Next!

Actually, I need to pack and ship all the krap I've sold recently. It was a decent month. But I have been trying to organize my comic hoard. I take breaks to play here on my phone, but now I'm back in the office, so I don't know when I'll be back to it. It is 40 years of disorganized accumulation, 20-30,000 comics/magazines (I honestly have no idea) and it isn't pretty. These pictures miss about 20-25 more boxes I have....and its totally relevant to this thread, because somewhere in these boxes are several books "you just can't find in the wild"

20160915_091223

20160915_091205

20160915_091145

20160915_091141

20160915_091129

20160915_091057

OMG that top shelf is begging for mercy!

Get to work Blob!!

CaXbWH1.jpg

Thank you aerischan for highlighting this for us.. Great book to own, I found 2 in the past

Well, my computer is mess and I don't have a image hosting site to use... sorry, I know that's the norm in this thread, but if you look at my posting history I've almost never posted accompanying pictures. To be honest, this book wasn't even on my radar until fairly recently, but I keep forgetting about it. I'm looking forward to reading it later this evening after work. So, is this a really hard to find book for everyone else, as I'm being led to believe?

CaXbWH1.jpg

Well, my computer is mess and I don't have a image hosting site to use... sorry, I know that's the norm in this thread, but if you look at my posting history I've almost never posted accompanying pictures. To be honest, this book wasn't even on my radar until fairly recently, but I keep forgetting about it. I'm looking forward to reading it later this evening after work. So, is this a really hard to find book for everyone else, as I'm being led to believe?

Was just bustin your chops, but it totally is a great read and great art

Its not an easy book to find in the wild but not impossible either.. Sold one for 40+ on amazon but as you mentioned theres not much awareness for it (which is why were here, right?)