• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

I figured as much. My copy is pretty much pristine, aside from a dent on the back cover from what I guess is reading wear, and a little bit of wear on the side label. This book was just sitting in the general trades area of the local 2nC, only its size made it stand out upon browsing. Even though these aren't hard to find, they also had 3 1st print X Men: God Loves Man Kills just sitting out... granted at $20, but they have another one inside a display case for $18 which appears to be in better condition than those other 3. This place is so weird.

Edited by BishopT

I'm still looking for a Deathstroke 60 in the wild. I have a feeling I'll be looking awhile.

Believe or not you can find DS 60 sometimes, but some of the last 6 issues or so I struggle with. I have never seen DS 58 and DS 50 and up are all tough most of the time. They might not sell for a lot, but you wont see them much.

I've pulled a couple of DS 60's in the past year, but the Joker cover (58?) is impossible, at least around here.

I can now buy a DC 58 locally, but I don't want to pay anywhere near what the seller wants. While I am impressed he has a copy I am quite sure he paid well for it because he wants a whole lot more for it.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Does this book show up for you guys? None in my area but plenty of 1sts.

Also, I don't see many slabs on eBay, but raw copies are selling for less than the 1st print :shrug:

CaXbWH1.jpg

I ordered one of these off of CCL a while back before this book really exploded, but it didn't ship for whatever reason. Just found one a few months ago as a wall book in a store I seldom visit, I want to say it was marked at $35 but got it for $25. The first print has been hard to find around here for years, but I found my two copies in another store that I hardly visit (nor many others, for that matter) collecting dust for cover price. I've since seen it as a wall book at shows with the price jacked up to high heaven.

Found some pretty decent stuff today that I never see... got 90-94(EDIT whoops, I meant #93) of the 90s Ghost Rider series for a buck a pop, as well as the Daredevil/Black Widow: Abattoir graphic novel for $8. Never see that one anywhere, even shows, and the only listing I found on eBay is over $120... whether the value is actually that high or not, the book is legit hard to find, being the first one I've ever seen.

I bought several CM 2nd prints when she first blew up. Sold them all and have no desire to go back in on it now. I wouldn't invest in it long term either that's just me.

Its not super hard to find just right now its expensive.

Found some pretty decent stuff today that I never see... got 90-94 of the 90s Ghost Rider series for a buck a pop, as well as the Daredevil/Black Widow: Abattoir graphic novel for $8. Never see that one anywhere, even shows, and the only listing I found on eBay is over $120... whether the value is actually that high or not, the book is legit hard to find, being the first one I've ever seen.

Plenty of copies available for less on Amazon. Still $40+ though.

(tsk) You said the A word to comic book buyers. Only in desperation will I buy there. Majority of sellers can't pack and can't grade.(My apologies to the boardies on here that sell there not talking about you.)

(tsk) You said the A word to comic book buyers high grade collectors. Only in desperation will I buy there. Majority of sellers can't pack and can't grade.(My apologies to the boardies on here that sell there not talking about you.)

There, I corrected it for you. :grin:

I reckon majority of comic book buyers still actually buy comics to read and wouldn't care about damage equivalent to some shelf wear. Granted, that's not quite the audience on these boards.

Amazon has preset conditions for used books which more or less translates to the ff:

• Like New: FN or higher
  • Very Good: VG
  • Good: GD
  • Acceptable: FR

Seen every book posted in the past couple of days at lcs.

When???

Last couple of days lol

I highly doubt the validity of this claim. All in ONE shop? Where? Not Mike High and not Lonestar, because neither have all of these rarities in-shop or online. So, what great comic shop are we not aware of that has all of these books that very few of us are able to find?

When???

Last couple of days lol

I highly doubt the validity of this claim. All in ONE shop? Where? Not Mike High and not Lonestar, because neither have all of these rarities in-shop or online. So, what great comic shop are we not aware of that has all of these books that very few of us are able to find?

I never said 1 shop and my statement is a fact.

If you require me to disclose? OK sure...

1.Tate in Lauderhill Fl. (Just got back 2 NY days ago)

2. The Stand (small mom and pop store in BK NY)

3. Mysterious Time Machine NYC

4. St. Marks comics NYC

One again all the recent "last issues" mentioned in the pat few days with exception to Static 45.

Thank you very much for your inquiry...maybe you should visit some of these shops instead of making accusations and trying to be a smart azz.

When???

Last couple of days lol

4. St. Marks comics NYC

One again all the recent "last issues" mentioned in the pat few days with exception to Static 45.

Thank you very much for your inquiry...maybe you should visit some of these shops instead of making accusations and trying to be a smart azz.

You saw Scandals in one of these shops?

I'm still looking for a Deathstroke 60 in the wild. I have a feeling I'll be looking awhile.

Believe or not you can find DS 60 sometimes, but some of the last 6 issues or so I struggle with. I have never seen DS 58 and DS 50 and up are all tough most of the time. They might not sell for a lot, but you wont see them much.

I've pulled a couple of DS 60's in the past year, but the Joker cover (58?) is impossible, at least around here.

I can now buy a DC 58 locally, but I don't want to pay anywhere near what the seller wants. While I am impressed he has a copy I am quite sure he paid well for it because he wants a whole lot more for it.

I only ever subscribed to two comics: Batman and Deathstroke the Terminator. When I subscribed to Batman, it was several issues before Death in the Family, so I got the entire death of Robin series, but they were the newsstand versions so I didn't get the call-in, 1-900 number in mine. When I subscribed to Deathstroke, I got the last 12 issues -- well, the last 11 issues. They didn't print enough of 58 and I didn't get my copy. The series was cancelled at 60 and DC never sent me a replacement for my missing 58 nor did they follow through with giving me an issue of something else, like was promised.

So, I have never owned nor seen a 58.

I only ever subscribed to two comics: Batman and Deathstroke the Terminator. When I subscribed to Batman, it was several issues before Death in the Family, so I got the entire death of Robin series, but they were the newsstand versions so I didn't get the call-in, 1-900 number in mine. When I subscribed to Deathstroke, I got the last 12 issues -- well, the last 11 issues. They didn't print enough of 58 and I didn't get my copy. The series was cancelled at 60 and DC never sent me a replacement for my missing 58 nor did they follow through with giving me an issue of something else, like was promised.

So, I have never owned nor seen a 58.

Oh I would have been so pissed.

(tsk) You said the A word to comic book buyers high grade collectors. Only in desperation will I buy there. Majority of sellers can't pack and can't grade.(My apologies to the boardies on here that sell there not talking about you.)

There, I corrected it for you. :grin:

I reckon majority of comic book buyers still actually buy comics to read and wouldn't care about damage equivalent to some shelf wear. Granted, that's not quite the audience on these boards.

Amazon has preset conditions for used books which more or less translates to the ff:

• Like New: FN or higher
  • Very Good: VG
  • Good: GD
  • Acceptable: FR

I can agree with that. Lets saying expecting a NM comic to come to you NM is a stretch.

When???

Last couple of days lol

4. St. Marks comics NYC

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you telling us these books are not hard to find?

Or are you just saying you got lucky in 4 shops which is entirely possible. I have found about 75% on that list at one time or another over the last 10-15 years. Some of them though I have found only once or twice and several never.

Luck and scarcity are too entirely separate things. Ive been lucky a lot on some of these books, but I wouldn't dare tell anyone most of them are not truly hard to find.

Edited by Fastballspecial

When???

Last couple of days lol

4. St. Marks comics NYC

Not trying to be a smart aleck and there's no need for name calling.

You said you found them ALL "at lcs" meaning you found them all at one Local Comic Shop. If you are traveling around the East Coast, then you didn't find them all at ONE local comic shop. You might have found them all in various comic shops across the East Coast, but not one as you stated in your post.

BTW, the question still stands unanswered: Did you find a copy of Scandals in those local comic shops?

When???

Last couple of days lol

4. St. Marks comics NYC

Not trying to be a smart aleck and there's no need for name calling.

You said you found them ALL "at lcs" meaning you found them all at one Local Comic Shop. If you are traveling around the East Coast, then you didn't find them all at ONE local comic shop. You might have found them all in various comic shops across the East Coast, but not one as you stated in your post.

BTW, the question still stands unanswered: Did you find a copy ocf Scandals in those local comic shops?

You keep misunderstanding.

Let me start by saying "stop being so sensitive" be a man or a mouse...it's up to you.

I didn't call you names so stop "acting" like a drama queen. Again I said "acting" not that you actually are.

I never said all the books on the list from day one of this thread. I'm referring to the books that have been mentioned lately. And no...many of them are not that hard to find from comic shops with a healthy backstock.

No I didn't get lucky...but after them being mentioned here? They are disapearing. I frequent different shops often and many of the "last issues/next to last issues" are available in back issue bins or on walls for shops that know what they have.

If you want me to be specific? I'm talking about the punisher issues, she hulk, Deadpool, ghost Rider.

Books that are not readily available "on-line" because nobody really cares about them. Most not worth listing.

They are available...trust me. Or dont. Means nothing to me.

Overpay for garbage if that's what you like to do (again...not you specifically) I have to be very carefully with you...so I'm not accused of being a bully lol

Edited by Juice Head

No...no scandals.

And to me "lcs" is any of the many that I frequent. If there are 4or 5 that are in NYC? That is all local. I don't live in the mid-west and many books are available here.

Even Midtown comics. There's 3 locations in NYC and there back bins hold much much more than "on-line" inventory.

Edited by Juice Head