• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

i found this at HPB

I've seen dozens of red and golds but never a silver

7632E5F2-4501-4BA3-ADDD-39F7F47B7934_zpsmzkybfpc.jpg

Greggy says he has 3

Ahh, the old Hero Illustrated premiums. Hero tried its best to be Wizard, but just never got to that level. They did have some nice premiums and this is one. I've seen a few of the reds and I am sure I saw a gold, but never saw this silver. After doing a little research, it was limited to 1,000 copies.

Cool find!

Sadly, I spend almost no time hunting through bargain boxes, but I found an Alf 48 for fifty cents about five years ago at a con.

It is kind of odd that Alf made it 50 issues, but I guess if Ren and Stimpy can go 44, why not Alf.

I had Alf on my pull list all the way up to #50. My father was a fan of the show and also collected Alf items.

i found this at HPB

Greggy says he has 3

Ahh, the old Hero Illustrated premiums. Hero tried its best to be Wizard, but just never got to that level. They did have some nice premiums and this is one. I've seen a few of the reds and I am sure I saw a gold, but never saw this silver. After doing a little research, it was limited to 1,000 copies.

Cool find!

groovy cover. I guessed Corben but it didn't quite look that way so I looked it up...John Bolton.

i found this at HPB

Greggy says he has 3

Cool find!

Didn't Hero give away a AF 15 or at least advertised it in their 1st issue?

Joe Mama!!!

:facepalm:

Somebody didn't have trouble finding these:

Bloodshot #51

Maybe those were the result of years of hunting? Anyway, there are 6 raw copies on ebay right now, it's not like it doesn't exist.

I looked at one yesterday at a shop on a buying trip. They wanted $40 for it and called it a variant. I passed.(It wasn't a newsstand either.)

Finally got my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #23 from the Image series... I'm trying to work my way filling the blanks in the run backwards, and I see that the next in line for me #20 is pretty high as well. Well mess. At least I have the last 3 issues.

Finally got my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #23 from the Image series... I'm trying to work my way filling the blanks in the run backwards, and I see that the next in line for me #20 is pretty high as well. Well mess. At least I have the last 3 issues.

Nice, now move on to the 2001 Mirage series last issues (29-32) :baiting:

Valiant guys or anyone who knows, how tough is Shadowman #43 to find in the wild? I grabbed a copy last weekend for a couple bucks at a random sale along with some books I don't see often and books at prices I couldn't pass up.

Shadowman 43 was an early cancellation I believe with a pretty high print run for a last issue. Not one that people tend to chase like Solar 60 Magnus 64, and BS51. Shadowman 43 is similar to Eternal Warrior 50 and Harbinger 41 (whatever the last issue is) in that regard.

Shadowman 43 was an early cancellation I believe with a pretty high print run for a last issue. Not one that people tend to chase like Solar 60 Magnus 64, and BS51. Shadowman 43 is similar to Eternal Warrior 50 and Harbinger 41 (whatever the last issue is) in that regard.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Joe Mama!!!

Bloodshot #51

Maybe those were the result of years of hunting? Anyway, there are 6 raw copies on ebay right now, it's not like it doesn't exist.

I looked at one yesterday at a shop on a buying trip. They wanted $40 for it and called it a variant. I passed.(It wasn't a newsstand either.)

$40, if it was in nice shape, is actually a pretty good price based on recent ebay sales.

Joe Mama!!!

Bloodshot #51

$40, if it was in nice shape, is actually a pretty good price based on recent ebay sales.

I agree. 9.6+ is not easy. But if it was 9.0ish like most, I may have passed as well.

$250 each for 3 9.8s was pretty darn good.

Joe Mama!!!

Bloodshot #51

Yup, probably all of the books in this thread can be found on eBay.

I didn't think "the wild" was eBay. I thought it was a comic shop. You can find anything eventually on eBay.