• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,403 posts in this topic

What a cool collecting project! Congrats on completing it. :applause:

I agree! But you should have added the three stooges, Assemblyman James Fitzpatrick, Senator Robert Hendrickson and psycho Fredric Wertheim, there at the side gazing in loving admiration at your collection.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Not a book I was looking for, but the cover jumped out at me when I was first flipping through the Gerbers many years ago. So when it showed up for $13 at my LCS, how could I say no. Beyond the eye-catching orange and moody art, it's cool that Airboy doesn't even appear on the cover. There's something very atom age about characters getting pushed off the covers of their own titles. That and the horror influence in what wasn't a horror title.

The first time I've read a Heap story - plays the hero in this tale. Was he always the "good guy' or was he more ambiguous in the earlier stories?

airboy.jpg

Not a book I was looking for, but the cover jumped out at me when I was first flipping through the Gerbers many years ago. So when it showed up for $13 at my LCS, how could I say no. Beyond the eye-catching orange and moody art, it's cool that Airboy doesn't even appear on the cover. There's something very atom age about characters getting pushed off the covers of their own titles. That and the horror influence in what wasn't a horror title.

The first time I've read a Heap story - plays the hero in this tale. Was he always the "good guy' or was he more ambiguous in the earlier stories?

airboy.jpg

Great colors!

Superb Davis cover! :applause:

TFT_35.jpg

Question for you all.

The first post in this thread says there's already a thread devoted to sci-fi books. Can someone please point me towards it? The only one I could find (or recall) was this one, but that's a bit rich for my books - is there a more generic one?

Well I'm saying that's a pretty nice book but Adamstrange has decreed that science fiction books are strictly prohibited in this thread.
I did. And then I violated that rule on that first page when I posted a Strange Adventures. :blush:

I guess that means sci-fi is ok here (shrug)