• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA August auction is shaping up to be Batman collectors dream

404 posts in this topic

AT CGC 9.2 Mystery Men #1 already over US$22K (w/BP).

CGC 5.5 Action #1 already over US$500K (w/BP).

Comic bidders are starting to act like OA bidders by throwing in big bids early.

CGC 5.5 Action #1 already over US$500K (w/BP).

Comic bidders are starting to act like OA bidders by throwing in big bids early.

Discovery baby, pure discovery

Actually I think it may be more like how dogs mark their territory.

Looks like this will end up being a record price for this book as the Carson City CGC 9.0 graded copy only managed to reached a shade over $19K when it was auctioned off through HA way back in 2008. (thumbs u

It's been quite awhile now since we've seen any HG copies of the early Fox books come to market, so the final auction price will indeed be interesting and might give us some clues as to the market value for some of these early Fox books. hm

Did Heritage stop offering GPA data?

Nope, looks like it is still there since I manage to get the following link for the Mystery Men #1:

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/gpaforcomics_cgcanalysis.asp?Q=U2Fs2x1167ZU51bWJlcj03Cxx4Z38TCxx4Z385JZ32O08bxvdE51bWJlcj05Cxx4Z38TEwCxx4Z38yZIVXNlcZ32O08blEPTQ2ODgwCxx4Z38DY0JZ32O08bltYWdlUGljPWh0dHx12c47c6Ly93d3cux12c51cGEuY29tL2Cxx4Z38vcHJveHZ32O08btx12c51cW1hZ2Uueng/ZWJheT03Cxx4Z38TCxx4Z385LTU3Cxx4Z38Dx12c47c1LTEtTWlux12c51cS0w

The link is in the CGC Value section which is just underneath the CGC Census Report of the auction listing description.

Batman 52 pushing 11K already.

Way beyond my estimate but a tough book in high grade. I am definitely out of the running.

Up until recently, a highest graded copy.

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=52670

I have told Schmell to re-write the description.

Way beyond my estimate but a tough book in high grade. I am definitely out of the running.

So did I. lol

:banana: and we are off ! 4 must win books in this one for me.

Good luck !

Thanks. I am watching them closely to see how prices move relative to what I set as my max budget so I can make sure I know when to increase my max budget lol

How many times I have gone through that scenario? :cry:

First max bid, highest I would ever go bid increased :cry:

So did I. lol

Done

From the other thread on the fantastic 3, it sounds as though some of the board members here feel the Allentown MM 1 will finish up somewhere in the $40K to $50K price range. :o

That would be an amazingly high price for a book that is not from the Big 2, but probably not that much of a real surprise for a prestigious pedigree key #1 issue in today's rather exuberant market. (thumbs u

That would be an amazingly high price for a book that is not from the Big 2

There are a lot of non-Big 2 books that sell for a lot of money. Most notably your buddy Magik`s Suspense 3.

There are a lot of non-Big 2 books that sell for a lot of money. Most notably your buddy Magik`s Suspense 3.

Yeah, you are most probably right, although Suspense 3 is a rather unique book on its own.

This MM 1 should prove quite interesting as it is without a doubt one of the top books and possibly the go to book to get when it comes to the entire run of early Fox books. (thumbs u:cloud9:

Yeah, you are most probably right, although Suspense 3 is a rather unique book on its own.

There's also Pep, Archie and Whiz, among others. No one really knows how much high grade single digit Whiz's would go for because they literally never come up for sale.

This MM 1 should prove quite interesting as it is without a doubt one of the top books and possibly the go to book to get when it comes to the entire run of early Fox books. (thumbs u:cloud9:

I personally would rank MM 3 over MM 1.