• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA August auction is shaping up to be Batman collectors dream

404 posts in this topic

Beautiful copy! The only thing I would take away from this book is that it seems to have had some ct scraped off at the top left.

Holy cow a VF copy of Bats 1 :o Looks beautiful!! Curious to see how much it will sell for.

Beautiful copy! The only thing I would take away from this book is that it seems to have had some ct scraped off at the top left.

possibly. Or just a color scrape from handling.

Does anyone know if this is a previously ungraded copy or a regrade/reholder of a known graded copy?

was a cgc 7.5 SP.... spine split sealed (now unsealed) and 2 small tear seals (now unsealed)

If this is a Boardie's book, my apologies, but I wanted to see what the seasoned collectors thought about it. Full disclosure: I am not bidding on this book, so I'm not trying to affect the price. I just have serious concerns about the new slab. Graded on May 9th.

Batman #15 CGC 9.0

To me, it looks like this poor book is just cramped in the slab. And is the wave and creep engine effect starting? It looks like the top right edge of the cover is being forced up and towards the center. Even accounting for the miscut cover, the bottom still seems well aligned.

batman15fc.jpg

The back shows the same kind of effect. The free edge looks like it is being pushed up in relation to the pages.

batman15bccorner.jpg

I wonder if this spine split was already there and I wonder what effect the high pressure on the spine will have on the split.

batman15bccloseup.jpg

With this book being tied for highest on the census and with comparable sales data available, it will be interesting to see if the new slab has any effect on the hammer price. Will this book still be a 9.0 by the time the auction ends and it can be cracked out?

I see a wave in that book. Again, can't be 100% sure no wave to start, but a 9.0 should lay pretty flat. There is also a noticeable fanning of the pages. The holder also looks to small for the book.

The Batman 17 also is getting waves.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/batman-17-dc-1943-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7139-1012.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Preview-BrowseThisAuction-120115#

I saw the video of how tricky it is to crack these new slabs - esp. with GA books, whose edges are almost flush with the edge of the slab. I wonder how many will be damaged in the de-slabbing process.

If CGC had been able to keep the same design but with the new clarit of plastic, this could have been a home run. Most unfortunate.

The Mystery Men 1 is... not uncool.

I've never seen any of those Allentown pedigree Mystery Men. Believe 1-16 were in that pedigree.

The #11 is in the Heritage archive. Sold in 2005.