• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2022 at 6:58 PM, bentbryan said:

Holy smoke, 2 and a half hours? Is it not cost effective to edit them into more episodes? 

Think they are paid per episode.  Saw something about the episodes being $30 million per episode this season.  

Edited by sd2416

The episodes have become progressively more grotesque following the season 3 battle with the Mind Flayer, as a brand new villain – Vecna – strikes the heart of the town in Indiana, his horrifying appearance having already been revealed in the trailer.

With the gang scattered, dealing with the tribulations of high school and coping with Eleven having lost her powers, the arrival of Vecna comes when they are at their most vulnerable… but could their past dealings with creatures from the parallel dimension be their saving grace?

After being granted access to six out of the seven episodes of season four volume one, suffice to say we’re blown away.

The introduction of a new villain means that in some ways, our heroes are effectively starting from square one as they try to get to the bottom of the evil that’s seeping into their cursed town.

Overall: 4.5/5 stars

Episode 9 (2hrs 30 mins) must certainly be the last ever.

I watched 5 minutes of Ep 1 and realised I'd forgotten most of the first 2 seasons.

I'm going to start at season 1 and work my way through them, with the wifey and a nice coffee brewing away.

It's 3c - 8c all week - It's Australia FFS!

I am most certainly NOT happy being cold!

Just got to the end of season 2 - we had forgotten heaps.

This is such an unique show - sci-fi, horror, loss / grief , love / happiness - and somehow they all gel in a cast mostly of kids.

Own up - who didn't have a little eye moisture when 11 showed up to the Snowball for Mike.

Great, great show.

On 5/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, Beige said:

Episode 9 (2hrs 30 mins) must certainly be the last ever.

I watched 5 minutes of Ep 1 and realised I'd forgotten most of the first 2 seasons.

I'm going to start at season 1 and work my way through them, with the wifey and a nice coffee brewing away.

It's 3c - 8c all week - It's Australia FFS!

I am most certainly NOT happy being cold!

Was renewed for 5th and final season last week.

On 6/5/2022 at 11:18 AM, fastballspecial said:

I am avoiding reading right now I am only thru episode 4. I loved the cameo by 
that actor I knew who it was immediately. This season is basically that story 
remade I think.

This show makes me feel like a kid again
with so many 80s references and stuff I couldn't afford back then. :cloud9: 

Im spazzing out trying to think of what cameo.  

Best season so far 

I thought 3 was ok but everything in this season was fantastic 

I am not the biggest eleven fan and that story is probably the only thing I haven’t liked but the other stories have been great 

This fourth season has been up and down for me. The same plot devices are used every season and sometimes I feel like I'm watching a remake of season three. But when its good it is really amazing! Episode seven was probably the best episode of the entire series. 

I just finished the mid-season finale of season 4. I liked it! It's a fun, teen-centric adventure show. It was definitely a great novelty in season 1 when they were all little kids, but it remains engaging even as they've grown into teens. I like seeing the gaggle of kids running around town trying to put all the pieces together. It reminds me of an episode of Scooby Doo with the whole gang riding around in the Mystery Machine.

I just finished the first part of season 4 and it really was great.  The characters themselves seem to be getting kind of annoying but the Duffer Bros hit it out of the park with just enough creepy and drama.  I can't wait to see how it all play out. 

On 6/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Best season so far 

I thought 3 was ok but everything in this season was fantastic 

I am not the biggest eleven fan and that story is probably the only thing I haven’t liked but the other stories have been great 

I agree. I liked how the last episode tied everything together and explained the 1st season. Very well done. 

When I retire here in about 2 years I am going back to playing D&D I miss that excitement. I have a group at work
that plays that are all around my age. I havent played since I was about 13, but man I want to again.

Id also like to find a group that plays Marvel Super Heroes as well that was alot of fun when I was teenager
too.

This show just makes you feel young again its fantastic.

Edited by fastballspecial