• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw

25 posts in this topic

With the new unmentionable affecting the hobby in a unmentionable way do you think "raw" will come back into vogue. My collection is appx 99 % raw.

Unknown_zps9bfeb3a0.jpeg

With the new unmentionable affecting the hobby in a unmentionable way do you think "raw" will come back into vogue. My collection is appx 99 % raw.

Unknown_zps9bfeb3a0.jpeg

No, I don't

Rahl, Rahl, eat me Rahl!

That's the spirit. :P

It was never uncool to collect raw books.

I have about 10 graded books (All CGC). They are in my collection for display purposes. The core of my collections are all raw copies.

Unknown_zps9bfeb3a0.jpeg

Raw has some risks attached. What consumers need for safety is a pasteurized holder. hm

It was never uncool to collect raw books.

I have about 10 graded books (All CGC). They are in my collection for display purposes. The core of my collections are all raw copies.

(thumbs u

Unknown_zps9bfeb3a0.jpeg

Mine as well. I have never submitted anything but have bought and cracked out plenty of slabs over the years. I always felt that was the point of third party grading.

I think I will shy away from the new unmentionable ones untill something mentionable comes along from them. Wish they were handling this better.

Funnybooks were meant to be read and the art enjoyed. Graded books are best used to help facilitate a sale between seller and buyer.

More like the seller can ask for more $$... If you want collect comics but don't know how to grade nor reasonably detect restoration, you deserve to pay however much you're paying for.