• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official - Post Your 2016 SDCC OA Reports Here !!!!!

153 posts in this topic

Anyone have any other questions?
Any new big pieces revealed by dealers?

Haven't been to the show today, but for the previous days I hadn't heard anything.

Haven't been to the show today, but for the previous days I hadn't heard anything.

That is interesting because just from the few pics I saw in this thread I noticed some nice new gems.

Do big new PRICES count?

A quick report --

Bechara, Felix, Mike Thibodeaux, Mike Burkey, Albert, Kwan, Heritage, Metropolis, Mitch and Profiles all in the room with lots of art. I'me sure I've forgotten a few folks. Profiles and Heritage have some amazing art coming out -- the Golden Dr. Strange is incredible and the Wrightsons and others at Profiles are stunning.

My big pickup was the Kirby Cap & Falcon cornerboxe from Mitch, published 48 times -- you can see it here: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1332092. Thank you to Ron for the art advice.

I picked up many One Minute Laters I had preset and will get those scanned as soon as I can.

M

Guys, it's the last day, you already snatched all the good stuff, so how about at least sharing those pictures and letting us folks back at home know what we missed out on?

Did you get the pics I emailed yesterday? Feel free to post them here; I am in transit now.

You guys didn't miss anything other than covers that didnt sell last year at $175K being marked up to $250K. Instead of always pricing onwards and upwards so that the same unsold inventory just keeps rising in price year after year, I wish some dealers would actually cut price and get deals done.

Guys, it's the last day, you already snatched all the good stuff, so how about at least sharing those pictures and letting us folks back at home know what we missed out on?

Did you get the pics I emailed yesterday? Feel free to post them here; I am in transit now.

You guys didn't miss anything other than covers that didnt sell last year at $175K being marked up to $250K. Instead of always pricing onwards and upwards so that the same unsold inventory just keeps rising in price year after year, I wish some dealers would actually cut price and get deals done.

Fear of underselling and wanting to make sure they get 110% of market perhaps?

110%

that's generous

Sometimes I think if a seller/dealer has something marked at $175,000 and it doesn't sell, and they bump it up to $250,000, part if it is a strategic effort to elicit a response from the potential buyers watching it at $175k, who then see it at $250k who may inquire with the dealer who would then retort "Oh, the market has gone up on similar material, but if you wanted this piece, I can discount it by $75k and offer it to you now for $175k, today" - - giving the perception of a discount.

I find the same goes on with eBay on a smaller price scale where a seller will have a piece for $300, that goes unsold, then they hike it up to $500 "or best offer" hoping to get a bite at $500, but willing to take $300 or less based on offers.

110%

that's generous

lol. No doubt. From what I saw some pieces were closer to 610% of market....not an exaggeration.