• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

I had a ups driver live down the street from me for years . I saw her go in her house at lunch with boxes than 45 min later come out with them. It did not take me long to put it togeteher. I think with all the news on Action 1 its fair to say WOW when you read the label. I do think you will get this back since you are on top of it so hard.

Why on earth was this information posted where anyone could read it??

If a FedEx label falls off the box, I was told their protocol is to open those boxes to document their contents. If that happened, an employee would see the CGC slab and the Action #1 label.

If CGC listed "CGC" as the return address and an employee knew what CGC is, they could open the box themselves and steal the contents.

Yes someone sees Action 1 on label they might just think this is it.

I had a ups driver live down the street from me for years . I saw her go in her house at lunch with boxes than 45 min later come out with them. It did not take me long to put it togeteher. I think with all the news on Action 1 its fair to say WOW when you read the label. I do think you will get this back since you are on top of it so hard.

The question is, if the package does not resurface, what will happen then?

We know it arrived in Memphis, we also know there has been no evidence since of it ever leaving their Memphis hub. If their "final search" turns up nothing, how can they stop searching? If it got on a plane headed elsewhere, with no documentation of such an occurance, isn't the burden of proof on FedEx to prove it's no longer in Memphis?

Because if they can't do that, the only thing we can PROVE is that it entered their Memphis hub, meaning it's either still there (hence, how can they stop searching?) or it was stolen.

Either answer is unacceptable.

Or it was misdelivered without properly being scanned. Or it was destroyed via conveyer system and unable to account for label info ...or the label did come off and an employee didn't properly locate it or register it , or it really is lost or got stuck to another delivered parcel or maybe stolen etc etc. really no way to know

There are a lot of possibilities and without insurance the bottom line is not good news for you. Still hoping it shows up :wishluck:

If FedEx is unable to locate my package within their Memphis hub after their "final search", can I request a criminal investigation and have the police search their hub for it? Because as of now, there is no evidence to suggest that it wasn't stolen and/or that it's still not in their Memphis facility.

The chances of that are virtually zero. Absent direct evidence (and no the tracking doesnt count) there is almost no way I see the Police searching a shipping center for a missing package.

I had a ups driver live down the street from me for years . I saw her go in her house at lunch with boxes than 45 min later come out with them. It did not take me long to put it togeteher..

You are sure this was not somebody running a business out of their house?

If FedEx is unable to locate my package within their Memphis hub after their "final search", can I request a criminal investigation and have the police search their hub for it? Because as of now, there is no evidence to suggest that it wasn't stolen and/or that it's still not in their Memphis facility.

The chances of that are virtually zero. Absent direct evidence (and no the tracking doesnt count) there is almost no way I see the Police searching a shipping center for a missing package.

If FedEx is in custody of my property, and there is no evidence to prove it wasn't stolen or still in their possession, how could they be off the hook after doing nothing more than conducting their own in-house investigation?

Is there no burden of proof required on their end, and a simple "we couldn't find it" then frees them of any accountability?

If FedEx is in custody of my property, and there is no evidence to prove it wasn't stolen or still in their possession, how could they be off the hook after doing nothing more than conducting their own in-house investigation?

Is there no burden of proof required on their end, and a simple "we couldn't find it" then frees them of any accountability?

pretty much. That's what insurance is for , unfortunately. I listed alternative options that the parcel could have experienced (and there are many others). I believe on their form there is a waiver from use though I'm sitting in Atlanta airport in a 3 hr weather delay so I can't check their terms

We know it arrived in Memphis, we also know there has been no evidence since of it ever leaving their Memphis hub. If their "final search" turns up nothing, how can they stop searching? If it got on a plane headed elsewhere, with no documentation of such an occurance, isn't the burden of proof on FedEx to prove it's no longer in Memphis?

Because if they can't do that, the only thing we can PROVE is that it entered their Memphis hub, meaning it's either still there (hence, how can they stop searching?) or it was stolen.

Or it was misdelivered without properly being scanned. Or it was destroyed via conveyer system and unable to account for label info ...or the label did come off and an employee didn't properly locate it or register it , or it really is lost or got stuck to another delivered parcel or maybe stolen etc etc. really no way to know

There are a lot of possibilities and without insurance the bottom line is not good news for you. Still hoping it shows up :wishluck:

Thanks for the well wishes Rick. I can use all the good vibes I can get. :)

And I hear you regarding the numerous other possibilities. What I'm wondering is: How can they be off the hook if there is zero evidence to establish any of the other possibilities mentioned?

Why would FedEx be free of the same accountability that befalls anyone else? If anyone else had my property, with documentation of it entering their grounds and no evidence of it leaving, they could be investigated to retreave the missing property, no?

They couldn't just say "I looked myself several times and couldn't find it." and have that be the end of the search. The property would still be missing.

In FedEx's case, having the property lost on THEIR GROUNDS has to mean something, no?

Edited by Wayne-Tec

pretty much. That's what insurance is for , unfortunately. I listed alternative options that the parcel could have experienced (and there are many others). I believe on their form there is a waiver from use though I'm sitting in Atlanta airport in a 3 hr weather delay so I can't check their terms

But I never signed off on any official FedEx paperwork. I mistakenly checked off a small box of info on the CGC form. All of the many disclaimers are not listed there and were never provided for my approval.

It's not that they are off the hook, their position is they know problems,errors,things will happen and if you employ them to move a parcel the only protection they offer you is insurance

This is a comic book nightmare. I am really really sorry Ryan you are experiencing this Ryan I too choose Fed Ex over USPS so this doesn't happen Ive lost some trust in them lately as well (nothing of this $/ replacable magnitude though )

Edited by Chicago Boy

For the record Fedex is light years better than ups or Usps

That said full insurance (private) is only protection since they will only insure a collectible upto 1k

It's not that they are off the hook, their position is they know problems,errors,things will happen and if you employ them to move a parcel the only protection they offer you is insurance

In the event of a damaged package, I completely understand.

But this is a package that entered their grounds with no evidence of it ever leaving. Legally, I don't see how me checking off a small box on a submission form, sans the numerous disclaimers FedEx lists, frees them from liability in this case.

Thanks for the well wishes Rick. I can use all the good vibes I can get. :)

And I hear you regarding the numerous other possibilities. What I'm wondering is: How can they be off the hook if there is zero evidence to establish any of the other possibilities mentioned?

Why would FedEx be free of the same accountability that befalls anyone else? If anyone else had my property, with documentation of it entering their grounds and no evidence of it leaving, they could be investigated to retreave the missing property, no?

They couldn't just say "I looked myself several times and couldn't find it." and have that be the end of the search. The property would still be missing.

In FedEx's case, having the property lost on THEIR GROUNDS has to mean something, no?

Unfortunately, I think the answer is "no." Their terms state that they aren't liable for more than a $100 unless you buy insurance.

If you think about it realistically, FedEx, UPS, and the USPS must lose (or have stolen) a lot of packages each day. A small fraction of the packages shipped, but a large number in absolute terms.

If the police spent time investigating what happened to these packages, they wouldn't have time for much else.

It's a major bummer that they lost your package, but I don't think there's much you can do beyond hanging in there and hoping for the best. Although calling them every couple of days couldn't hurt. Unfortunately, it may not help much either.

I think most of us who ship and receive a fair number of packages have had a few suddenly turn up long after their scheduled delivery dates. Let's hope this happens with this one.

Edited by Sqeggs

In the event of a damaged package, I completely understand.

But this is a package that entered their grounds with no evidence of it ever leaving. Legally, I don't see how me checking off a small box on a submission form, sans the numerous disclaimers FedEx lists, frees them from liability in this case.

and yet it does :sorry:

wilson.jpeg

for some reason, this thread makes me think of the movie Castaway.

And if they feel it might have been stolen, you can bet they will be very thoroughin their investigation to try to find thee employee responsible.

Hope they find your item soon. Good luck.

This is a comic book nightmare. I am really really sorry Ryan you are experiencing this Ryan I too choose Fed Ex over USPS so this doesn't happen Ive lost some trust in them lately as well (nothing of this $/ replacable magnitude though )

Thanks for the support Corey.

This entire situation has my stomach in knots every day.

No exaggeration: I refresh my FedEx tracking every hour on my iPhone, hoping each and every time to catch that big break and see an update, and every time I see them same thing, that my package arrived at their Memphis hub last Monday (July 18th) and has been unaccounted for ever since.

Fingers crossed it turns up for you. I think there's still a chance it gets located. I've had a package sent to me from 2 towns over that ended up going to a different state somehow. Eventually made it back to the sender a week later.

I am with you a hundred percent and cant imagine the worry you feel but wihout direct evidence it is a civil dispute. They lost your stuff. They are not off the hook, they have whatever civil methods you persue but not criminal. Not yet. Police are not going to search a warehouse for it. Just trying to be honest with you. Now, if some information comes out that shows someone on video taking it or whatever, then that can be changed to criminal.