• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Jack Davis

67 posts in this topic

As with the other EC creators, someone whose work I've enjoyed and respected as long as I've been collecting. Very sad news. :(

Very sad news...may he rest in peace and condolences to those who knew and loved him.

Tales 37 and 46 are two of my absolute favorite EC covers...were on my "had to own" list from the beginning of my interest in PCH. Sad day :(

Man, that sucks. He was one of my favorites and I knew this would come. So much classic work in several mediums. Many people know his work without knowing who he was. The ones that pop to mind first are MAD #2, Two Fisted Tales #30 and the two all Davis issues of Yak Yak. None of which I have photos of in my bucket.

Another piece of my youth gone...

Rest in piece Jack and say Hi to Bill, Wally, Johnny, Al,Ghastly and the rest of the boys for me...

A sad day for EC/Mad Fans and comic fans in general very prolific artist. I grew up seeing his art in many places Mad magazine, TV guide, Time magazines, movie posters, record albums, cards the list goes on.

Here's two pieces of original art, FrontLine Combat: Stonewall Jackson! and a story board piece for a Alka-Seltzer comercial.

163596.jpg.7ec44037d370b9e6e18c8bd5e705b9c3.jpg

163597.jpg.67a3e91b3cb5a3b252c457440730cebd.jpg

I admired his work decades before I knew his name, his artistry was so memorable and comfortable that gave you a sense of friendship. My condolences to his family, rest in peace Jack you were one in a million and you made it look so E.C.

RIP Mr Davis, very first EC I bought was his art on the cover Tales from the Crypt #41