• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Super nice, Boboset - I fell like I just lost a close poker hand! :insane:

100_7610_zpsd763fa15.jpg

lol Your #36 definitely looks nicer than mine. That is an old label 7.5, right?

No one is a loser when they collect TTA Ant-Man issues! :headbang:

They aren't "key" issues really, but they are very early Ant-Man appearances.

I can't really speak to current fair market value, as Ant-Man is heating up (so I guess I'm no help), but I do know that #37's cover is freakin' awesome!

They aren't "key" issues really, but they are very early Ant-Man appearances.

I can't really speak to current fair market value, as Ant-Man is heating up (so I guess I'm no help), but I do know that #37's cover is freakin' awesome!

Well I have marvel premiere 47 first Scott Lang and may pick up tta 37 later.

Here is a pic of it

bd093a9461499c9098697fc127db0c2a_zps5f77c217.jpg

I've been getting back into acquiring TTAs recently when I can get them for good prices. Both Clink and eBay have been fairly good to me on that front lately. I just sent in three of my better books to CGC as well. I collected them raw for years, but lately this run has taken a back seat to my TOS collection. It is nice to start buying them again.

TTA84CGC.jpg

TTA94CGC.jpg

TTA95CGC.jpg

TTA98CGC.jpg

TTA99CGC.jpg

Tales to Astonish #64 • February 1965 • November 1964 newsstand

I picked this up a little while ago from Number6 and just recently processed it for the collection. Matt bought the book from Bob Storms's HighGradeComics as an 8.5. It's a very good example of such. (thumbs u

TTA64FFeb65_zps2047cda2.jpg

I sold my childhood collection of comics back in the late 1970s and it's nice to reacquire an issue of a book once owned so long ago. :whee:

It has quite the moody Kirby/Colletta* cover -- undoubtedly the colouring work of Stan Goldberg.

The use of pink is quite striking outside of skin colour -- a hue usually reserved for Marvel's teen titles. The Modeling with Millie below is good example.

MwM35FNov64.jpg

*The GCD credits Ayers with the TTA cover inks but it's Colletta. :sumo: