• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Wow! I lost another entire post. Sucks! Lost a reply yesterday on my Dino cover thread.

Thanks, Bob-O. Bob-O cool? Bob? Hey you?

Anyway I pointed out the few examples of Kirby/Ditko work I recall. Probably Overstreet catalogs them. I remember Hulk #2, FF 13 and 14 and a short in Annual #1, Spidey #8, Strange Tales Annual #2, and a few pre-hero tales in Strange Tales.

But I digress.

Two more of my favorite TTA covers.

TTA57.jpg

TTA79.jpg

TTA 50 is a great issue to start with as it has Kirby pencils with Ditko inks. I can't remember many other occurrences of those two teaming up. TTA 77 is another great Hulk cover that I'd love to acquire in HG one day.

Good taste sir!

Well, there's....

Amazing Fantasy #15 (cover)

Amazing Adventures #1 (Dr. Droom)

Captain 3D #1

Fantastic Four Annual #1

Gunsmoke Western #56 (cover)

Incredible Hulk #2

JIM #59 (cover), #60 (cover) + 1 story, #62 (cover), #63 (cover and story), #65 (cover), #88 (cover)

Kid Colt #100 (cover)

Strange Tales #72, #79 (cover), #80,#88, #93 (cover), #97 (cover), #98 (cover), #100 (cover)

Plus a bunch of TOS and TTA and some 80s Topps comics and others I missed.

Wow! I lost another entire post. Sucks! Lost a reply yesterday on my Dino cover thread.

Thanks, Bob-O. Bob-O cool? Bob? Hey you?

Anyway I pointed out the few examples of Kirby/Ditko work I recall. Probably Overstreet catalogs them. I remember Hulk #2, FF 13 and 14 and a short in Annual #1, Spidey #8, Strange Tales Annual #2, and a few pre-hero tales in Strange Tales.

But I digress.

Two more of my favorite TTA covers.

TTA57.jpg

TTA79.jpg

Nice ones. (thumbs u

Speaking of lost posts, there was a similar issue a Water Cooler thread about a week ago.

I have a couple more TTA's from the middle of the run.

TTA_54.jpg

TTA_56.jpg

If you're remarking about my comics Surfer, then some are from years past, and others more recent. My buddy owned a comic shop, and he'd give me a head's up when a book/collection I might be interested in, came into his shop. I used to grade and evaluate the books, so I guess I had "first-dibs" on individual books. :grin:

If you're remarking about my comics Surfer, then some are from years past, and others more recent. My buddy owned a comic shop, and he'd give me a head's up when a book/collection I might be interested in, came into his shop. I used to grade and evaluate the books, so I guess I had "first-dibs" on individual books. :grin:

Kudos to your buddy, those are some nice looking books. (thumbs u