• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Another WM just cause I love em...TTA #35

WMTTA35.jpg

Jim

Tremendous pick-up, Jim. Had I been given the chance to buy any of the White Mountain books, that one would've been on my purchase list.

Another WM just cause I love em...TTA #35

WMTTA35.jpg

Jim

Tremendous pick-up, Jim. Had I been given the chance to buy any of the White Mountain books, that one would've been on my purchase list.

You picked up some sweet books from Steve too, Bob. Love that ST #135 Mass copy and SS#1 BG!! Here's my TTA from Stephen:

TTA4692.jpg

The #2 copy, trailing a pair of 9.4's

Oh..my..first full feature of Sub Mariner!!

Now that is a sweet book! I made an offer to Stephen for it (Bill - no comment please). As the book looks to be an absolutely stunning copy.

And it is quite difficult to locate in 9.6 grade, with Stephen's copy (now your's) making no.5.

It's presumed Tom Brulato has the 9.8, the WP copy, Doug has one OW 9.6 copy, you have one, so after mine that leaves 1 9.6 copy unaccounted for.

And still a book looking to emerge price wise (thumbs u

Here's my TTA from Stephen:

TTA4692.jpg

Korvac, didn't Doug Schmell call this the one thee toughest SA Marvels to get in grade :o

Great pick up (worship)

Hardest one to find without chipping.

I'm glad I got a FVF without chipping. :cloud9:

Here's my TTA from Stephen:

TTA4692.jpg

Korvac, didn't Doug Schmell call this the one thee toughest SA Marvels to get in grade :o

Great pick up (worship)

Hardest one to find without chipping.

I'm glad I got a FVF without chipping. :cloud9:

Thanks Brass!! Tough in grade AND tough w/o chipping. Doug has one of the 9.4's

Great pick up (worship)

5 copies in 9.2 or better, making TTA 46 a surprisingly tough book to find in high grade, but not ranking it in the top five. Current census lists as the toughest Marvel superhero books in 9.2 or better (less than 5 in census): TTA 35 with only 1 copy, FF 3 with only 2, JIM 84, JIM 90, ST 103, Hulk 1, Hulk 3, and TTA 36.

Great pick up (worship)

5 copies in 9.2 or better, making TTA 46 a surprisingly tough book to find in high grade, but not ranking it in the top five. Current census lists as the toughest Marvel superhero books in 9.2 or better (less than 5 in census): TTA 35 with only 1 copy, FF 3 with only 2, JIM 84, JIM 90, ST 103, Hulk 1, Hulk 3, and TTA 36.

But it is about a year newer than those.

Great pick up (worship)

:gossip: It is like ST 113, JIM 90 and JIM 95 in that regard, a book from mid-to-late 1963 with only 6 or fewer graded copies at 9.2 or better.

Great pick up (worship)

:gossip: It is like ST 113, JIM 90 and JIM 95 in that regard, a book from mid-to-late 1963 with only 6 or fewer graded copies at 9.2 or better.

Some nicely reasoned perspective here. Thanks.