• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Wait until the Heritage auction is over this weekend and I should have a few more to post.

I was thinking of bidding on some of those 9.0 and 9.2's. blush.gif

I need some READER COPIES. 893whatthe.gif

Actually, good luck, and hope you get a few. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yep, your #1. acclaim.gif

But not for long. 893whatthe.gif

Being stupid, I told Doug that the new sets will be up this week, so anyone want to guess who will have the best set?

I decided to enjoy my 3 or 4 hours as the Kingpin!

Wait until the Heritage auction is over this weekend and I should have a few more to post.

I was thinking of bidding on some of those 9.0 and 9.2's. blush.gif

I need some READER COPIES. 893whatthe.gif

Actually, good luck, and hope you get a few. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

May all your 9.6 slabbs experience SCS. stooges.gif I'm still in the market for 9.4's but only for my favorite issues. Some of these 9.2's are just too nice and too cheap to pass on and I want to complete the whole run before I turn 80. 27_laughing.gif

May all your 9.6 slabbs experience SCS. I'm still in the market for 9.4's but only for my favorite issues. Some of these 9.2's are just too nice and too cheap to pass on and I want to complete the whole run before I turn 80.

Hey I love 9.2's also. I would be more then happy to have them.

Let me see, issue #27, 35........hmmmmmm that's about it. 893whatthe.gif

Just kidding. I actually have some 8.0's and 8.5's in my run and I treat them like my children (well stepchildren).

893applaud-thumb.gif

Well here's another cr@ppy 9.2 with white pages and only $79. Looks just as good as a 9.4 to me and costs less than a third of the price.

I was watching that one, just to see what it closed at.

9.2's are not crappy, but just because the scan looks nice, doesn't mean it IS AS NICE as an accurately graded 9.4. In theory, it shouldn't be. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can show you scans that look great, but the book is only FINE (see most NM eBay raw book auctions).

Now if you are implying that 9.2's are great copies to have in your collection, I AGREE WHOLEHEARTLY. thumbsup2.gif

Well here's another cr@ppy 9.2 with white pages and only $79. Looks just as good as a 9.4 to me and costs less than a third of the price.

I was watching that one, just to see what it closed at.

9.2's are not crappy, but just because the scan looks nice, doesn't mean it IS AS NICE as an accurately graded 9.4. In theory, it shouldn't be. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

---Yogi Berra

Now if you are implying that 9.2's are great copies to have in your collection, I AGREE WHOLEHEARTLY. thumbsup2.gif

That's exactly what I was getting at. thumbsup2.gif Hopefully a few more nice ones from Heritage this weekend and then I'll sit back for a while and enjoy these.

I'm # 2 ! I'm # 2 !

But you held the top spot for about 6 hours. grin.gif

Now what I want to know, is why did your Avenger set go down almost 3,000 points. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did you sell a big key, because you still have lots of books in the set.