• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Welcome to the world of pre-hero Marvels! TTA is a wonderful place to start your collecting. There are so many wonderful Kirby & Heck prototypes and 5 page Ditko gems in that title that it makes one's mouth water.

Good luck with your collecting. These issues have been getting scarcer and scarcer in HG since the early 90s.

Here is a small sampling of some of my own early TTAs.

tta_01.jpg

tta_02.jpg

tta_03.jpg

TTA_04.jpg

TTA_05.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan

Welcome to the world of pre-hero Marvels! TTA is a wonderful place to start your collecting. There are so many wonderful Kirby & Heck prototypes and 5 page Ditko gems in that title that it makes one's mouth water.

Good luck with your collecting. These issues have been getting scarcer and scarcer in HG since the early 90s.

Here is a small sampling of some of my own early TTAs.

tta_01.jpg

tta_02.jpg

tta_03.jpg

TTA_04.jpg

TTA_05.jpg

SWEEET BOOKS! Now I have TTA envy... :headbang:

I'm kinda excited about the arrival of this book :cloud9:

WMTTA65.jpg

Top census copy...not exactly sure how it ended up in my hands and not Tommy B or Dougie S hm

Jim

Or BigHulkFan... meh:pullhair:

Sweet book and well traveled...from the White Mountains to Florida to New York to England to Canada where it has found it's final resting place...

Congrats on a sweet pick up!!

I'm kinda excited about the arrival of this book :cloud9:

WMTTA65.jpg

Top census copy...not exactly sure how it ended up in my hands and not Tommy B or Dougie S hm

Jim

Hey, what about my "finders fee"??????? Heck, I could have bought it, but NO.... I emailed you and told you all about it.......... :baiting:

Yes, great books Beach!!! Here's my newest:

TTA40M.jpg

Korvac, I have to take my hat off to you on this pick-up, a stunning book, from a stunning pedigree (worship)(worship)

Thanks Brass (thumbs u It's been on my radar for so long that I had to pull the trigger or go :insane: :insane: It would look great next to your #43 MC!!

That a real beauty!! Korvak Saga...and congrats on completing the run!! You've got an inspiring Collection!!

BEACH

Thanks Beach!! Your kind words remind me of how I felt about Steve Filosas's collection when I first started putting together the run. He had one of the premier TTA collections at the time + I was definitely in awe of it. I couldn't fathom the time, $$ + difficulty involved in putting together such a collection. When he sold it off I bought what books I could as did brasseye, BigHulkFan and others. I always wish I could have purchased more at the time, as I know both Bill + Stace do as well. Over the years I've been able to acquire some of those books, like the super sweet Mass copy #40. Steve's original collection was filled with "pedigrees galore", the phrase he used in his set desciption. He definitely instilled in me a greater appreciation of the Peds + now you see many collectors focused on collecting Ped copies of a run. Bill/BHF, Jim/cgcworld, adamstrange + Doc Watson are a few collectors that come to mind. Thanks to these boards we're able to converse + meet them all :applause:

BTW, you are putting together a great collection as well Beach + I'm enjoying watching each new acquisition (thumbs u

Yes, great books Beach!!! Here's my newest:

TTA40M.jpg

Korvac, I have to take my hat off to you on this pick-up, a stunning book, from a stunning pedigree (worship)(worship)

Thanks Brass (thumbs u It's been on my radar for so long that I had to pull the trigger or go :insane: :insane: It would look great next to your #43 MC!!

I hear ya. In this instance I'm holding firmly for a good while. I use to own a 9.2 #43 for years, then sold it witha lot of other early TTA's. So rebuying the issue as the ped 9.4 represents returning to a firm favourite for me.

Shame I just couldn't of joined it with it's pairing #40 :baiting: