• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Thanks Rich...the 9.6's are really nice :cloud9:

The wrap on the 86 though makes it one of those "2 cent" Marvel's that drive you nuts...lol

lol You mean those 2 cent Arvel Omics?

That's "Arvel omics roup"!

And now the second to last of my last purchase (still waiting on the last book :sumo:)

but the book that I have been wanting to purchase for the better part of the last 3 years...thanks to brasseye for finally parting with it and thanks to Green for helping to fund the purchase with a purchase of his own. An underrated book IMHO, but a controversial "key" for some as evidenced by the "10K for the TTA 59 9.6" thread for the book that recently sold on Pedigree.

I would be one that would fall on the "key" side as a Hulk fan and collector but I can see the other side of the coin as well. Without further adieu (for the 4 or 5 of you who actually read and post in this thread lol) My new TTA 59 9.4 Northland

TTA5994NL.jpg[/img]

And now the second to last of my last purchase (still waiting on the last book :sumo:)

but the book that I have been wanting to purchase for the better part of the last 3 years...thanks to brasseye for finally parting with it and thanks to Green for helping to fund the purchase with a purchase of his own. An underrated book IMHO, but a controversial "key" for some as evidenced by the "10K for the TTA 59 9.6" thread for the book that recently sold on Pedigree.

I would be one that would fall on the "key" side as a Hulk fan and collector but I can see the other side of the coin as well. Without further adieu (for the 4 or 5 of you who actually read and post in this thread lol) My new TTA 59 9.4 Northland

TTA5994NL.jpg[/img]

Congratulations Bill!!! This is the one I've been waiting to see :luhv: Every bit a key book, one of the best covers of the whole run + a pedigree to boot!!!! ^^:headbang:(worship):cloud9::D

TTA5994NL.jpg[/img]

Congratulations Bill!!! This is the one I've been waiting to see :luhv: Every bit a key book, one of the best covers of the whole run + a pedigree to boot!!!! ^^:headbang:(worship):cloud9::D

You two still collecting this "stuff" :baiting:

Nice book Billy, glad you were able to add this one to your collection. It is a key, no if, ands or buts about it (worship)

Jim

Can I join the club?

tta1.jpg

Nothing like joining the club with a real bang. Must be a very nice book to read through. I don't know if anyone else enjoys this particular aspect of reading an old book, but I take my time over reading the indicia: Issue Number and Date of Publication.

Vol. 1, No. 1, January 1959, will always a special read.

I have always thought that Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense were put together by Lee, with Kirby and Ditko in mind, as nuanced niche replacements for the then recently cancelled sci-fi titles, World of Fantasy and Strange Worlds. hm

TTA and TOS, with Strange Tales and Journey into Mystery, guaranteed Kirby a reasonable monthly page count, especially as Kirby replace Maneely as House cover artist.

Can I join the club?

tta1.jpg

Nothing like joining the club with a real bang. Must be a very nice book to read through. I don't know if anyone else enjoys this particular aspect of reading an old book, but I take my time over reading the indicia: Issue Number and Date of Publication.

Vol. 1, No. 1, January 1959, will always a special read.

I have always thought that Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense were put together by Lee, with Kirby and Ditko in mind, as nuanced niche replacements for the then recently cancelled sci-fi titles, World of Fantasy and Strange Worlds. hm

TTA and TOS, with Strange Tales and Journey into Mystery, guaranteed Kirby a reasonable monthly page count, especially as Kirby replace Maneely as House cover artist.

Ahh yes... it certianly is a nice club.

tta_01.jpg

Gotta love those covers. I really dig how everybody knows Droom on a first name basis. You've got a good PR man, Droomie.

Pre-hero rocks. I remember buying them and getting weird looks from people. "You paid $30 for that?"

Gotta love those covers. I really dig how everybody knows Droom on a first name basis. You've got a good PR man, Droomie.

Pre-hero rocks. I remember buying them and getting weird looks from people. "You paid $30 for that?"

:roflmao: I think all the monsters have the same or equally effective PR firm as EVERYONE on these covers seems to know the creature's name!!! Maybe they release a CD, line of clothes , breakfast cereal, self help book, etc and then hit the talk show circuit before blowing the krap out of the city?!?!?! hm