• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Just a quick question for the TTA collectors... who here has any doubles or more of centain issues???

Just wondering (shrug)

Lots.

Not high grade though.

Sold a VGF complete run of 59-101 of doubles here about two years ago.

Just a quick question for the TTA collectors... who here has any doubles or more of centain issues???

Just wondering (shrug)

No doubles left, sold them all and so should you. :sumo: Particularly that #70 9.6 :baiting::wishluck:

Ya I hear ya, and do remember ol time TTA collector Steve Filosa gasping at the price I paid for the first copy $1,100... he thought it was crazy. And at the time he was right.

But boy have things changed since 2 years ago. I was fortunate enough to buy a lot of his books, and they all look like give away prices now.

Everything has it's cycle....

...translation, if the pound slips any further against the dollar, a few books could be hitting the blocks :cry::eek::cry::eek:

:takeit:

lol That TTA #59 NL will look great in Bill's collection!!

:wishluck:

TTA#59

...grail

...death, pry, cold lifeless fingers

...viking burial

... ashes spinkled over the little strip of lawn outside Stan's place

:censored:lol:devil:

...translation, if the pound slips any further against the dollar, a few books could be hitting the blocks :cry::eek::cry::eek:

:takeit:

lol That TTA #59 NL will look great in Bill's collection!!

:wishluck:

TTA#59

...grail

...death, pry, cold lifeless fingers

...viking burial

... ashes spinkled over the little strip of lawn outside Stan's place

:censored:lol:devil:

doh!

Just wondering (shrug)

You :baiting: ...and you know what book/books I'm talking about :sumo:

Bill, I was looking to buy another TTA#93 9.6 from a british seller here, but the book got sold to another buyer before I got a look in...and for more than GPA! :o

Just wondering (shrug)

You :baiting: ...and you know what book/books I'm talking about :sumo:

Bill, I was looking to buy another TTA#93 9.6 from a british seller here, but the book got sold to another buyer before I got a look in...and for more than GPA! :o

That's one book where GPA doesn't really apply because you could resell it every 3 months at a slightly higher price and someone would buy it. Love that book.

Richie: Are these your books (TTA #1 and JIM #1)? You goin pre hero on us too?

Jim

Jim: Goin', goin', gone!! lol I've always been a fan of these books since reading the reprints in Where Monsters Dwell + Where Creatures Roam,etc, in the '70's as a kid. Buying the originals has recently caught my interest + helps fill the time when books from my hero sets are unavailible or undesirable.The old back up for rainy days!! (thumbs u