• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

Seriously though, i have a hard time figuring what to pay on some of these since there is so little gpa data. I just put in the bid i was comfortable paying with no real guidance from gpa.

A 7.0 sold like a month ago for $210. A 7.5 sold a year ago for $372. An 8.5 sold for $282 back in 2006. Not a lot of help there ???

I paid $420 which was a decent amount lower than my max bid. granted this has c/ow pages so that might have hurt the bids but i was happy with the price. I'm not real big on following pre-heros so maybe i paid too much??? (shrug)

I'd take as many of pre-hero books as I can at that price/grade all day long, nice grab.

+1 That was a very reasonable price IMHO.

A HUGE thanks to the following members for helping me acquire this book: galactus, Mr. Bedrock, 1koko, and Flaming_Telepath.

You guys rock! :headbang:

This is my favorite comic and because of you 4, I now own an excellent copy! :whee:

tta35.jpg

I also added these to the Ant-Man hoard I've been acquiring.

tta38f.jpg

tta40.jpg

TTA43-2.jpg

A HUGE thanks to the following members for helping me acquire this book: galactus, Mr. Bedrock, 1koko, and Flaming_Telepath.

This is my favorite comic and because of you 4, I now own an excellent copy! :whee:

tta35.jpg

tta38f.jpg

tta40.jpg

TTA43-2.jpg

Congrats.......I'd be tempted to pop that 35......I doubt it would ever come back less than 7.5 if you ever had to resub and sell.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks guys!

Jimbo, I think the 35 is a solid 7.5, but I doubt it would ever grade higher. There's some weird staining on the top of the book and the back cover. I still love it and I'm very happy it doesn't have much of the common front cover smudging in the text boxes. You see that all the time with this issue. Even the 9.2 Circle 8 copy that recently sold on Heritage had that.

The #38 on the other hand is getting a press and re-sub for the personal collection. I could see that easily getting a 9.4.

tta35.jpg

tta38f.jpg

tta40.jpg

TTA43-2.jpg

Congrats.......I'd be tempted to pop that 35......I doubt it would ever come back less than 7.5 if you ever had to resub and sell.....GOD BLESS...

If only todays 9.0s looked as nice as those 2 old labels. :cloud9:

tta35.jpg

tta38f.jpg

tta40.jpg

TTA43-2.jpg

If only todays 9.0s looked as nice as those 2 old labels. :cloud9:

Great group of books!! :applause::headbang:

:acclaim: Thanks fellas!

Korvac, it was watching you build your incredible TTA run that made me want to collect a HG run of the Ant-Man issues.

You honor me sir! (worship) Always great to have another collector who appreciates the Ant-Man issues. (thumbs u Such great early Marvels that are often overlooked.

Korvac, it was watching you build your incredible TTA run that made me want to collect a HG run of the Ant-Man issues.

You honor me sir! (worship) Always great to have another collector who appreciates the Ant-Man issues. (thumbs u Such great early Marvels that are often overlooked.

Very overlooked! Interest is picking up, but I feel it's more investors rather than collectors/fans who are increasing sales. I hope the movie changes that; I have high hopes for it. :wishluck:

Anytime you want to honor us with a group shot of your collection, please do!

My birthday is coming up, send me your asm 1 :baiting: