• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,199 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2023 at 7:05 AM, Bird said:

well...did the auction meet expectations? How did you do?

Overall i did ok, but slightly less than i expected. Several books sold well: the #1, #3, #6, #8, #11, #15, australian #15, #17-19, 48 and all the Lily Renee covers #33, #35, #39.

I lost on the Promise pedigree and the Church pedigree and the #2 and wish i kept them.

All restored books did poorly except for #1.

The chatter on instagram was the Planets were "on fire" but really it was only a select handful the 5.0-7.0-8.5 books i owned for 10 years mostly sold at break even at best with some at less than i paid for them.

On 10/21/2023 at 2:37 PM, Artboy99 said:

Overall i did ok, but slightly less than i expected. Several books sold well: the #1, #3, #6, #8, #11, #15, australian #15, #17-19, 48 and all the Lily Renee covers #33, #35, #39.

I lost on the Promise pedigree and the Church pedigree and the #2 and wish i kept them.

The chatter on instagram was the Planets were "on fire" but really it was only a select handful the 5.0-7.0-8.5 books i owned for 10 years mostly sold at break even at best with some at less than i paid for them.

I think some things went a little soft but i wonder is it that time of year.The problem with auctions you never what will happen some good and some not so.I did put a few bids on some books but was away when they became live.That was a work of love to complete and you should be proud of that feat (thumbsu

On 10/21/2023 at 11:37 AM, Artboy99 said:

i owned for 10 years mostly sold at break even at best with some at less than i paid for them.

Boy, that's really surprising (and disconcerting!) given the increase in this title the last couple of years.  But of course, you have to have buyers willing to pay "up" in the auction.

On 10/21/2023 at 4:10 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Boy, that's really surprising (and disconcerting!) given the increase in this title the last couple of years.  But of course, you have to have buyers willing to pay "up" in the auction.

There are books i am sure i paid more for than i should have.

There are dealers i bought raw books from that vastly misrepresented the books they offered and i will never buy raw from ever again. Example: the Planet Comics #1 i purchased was raw and represented as a 6.5. On the internet it looked like a 6.5 but in hand you see defects and of course it came back from cgc as a 4.5. That is a big difference. 

The mid grade books i had in the 4.0- 6.5-7.0 range didnt change much.

I am also including pressing and grading.

On 10/21/2023 at 11:37 AM, Artboy99 said:

How'd you lose on the #2?  It went for the same amount as it did last year. 

On 10/21/2023 at 8:09 PM, Artboy99 said:

19% buyer premium

I don't think the timing helped...I bid on a bunch on Wed, figuring I'd be way outbid...if I had been around Thursday night a few of those would have either had higher prices, or I would have won them.

On 10/21/2023 at 6:11 PM, skypinkblu said:

I don't think the timing helped...I bid on a bunch on Wed, figuring I'd be way outbid...if I had been around Thursday night a few of those would have either had higher prices, or I would have won them.

Thanks for participating. I decided to get involved in the special Fiction House auction, which i do think helped.

Edited by Artboy99