• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2017 at 7:23 AM, Artboy99 said:

Do you own all of the Planets you are posting?

On 4/1/2017 at 7:52 AM, Grantley Goddard said:

lol  I wish... :frown:.  None of 'em.

On 4/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Artboy99 said:

It is a hard run to complete.

The reason I asked is the images you post look to be scanned from actual comics. (thumbsu

Thanks for the cover-to-cover Planets! For anyone who's interested, there are a couple good sources where these books can be read in their 4-color majesty -- Comic Book Plus online, and the "Roy Thomas Presents" PS art book series.  GG, have you checked out those sources?

3 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks for the cover-to-cover Planets! For anyone who's interested, there are a couple good sources where these books can be read in their 4-color majesty -- Comic Book Plus online, and the "Roy Thomas Presents" PS art book series.  GG, have you checked out those sources?

I scanned my Planet Comics 15 in response to the request for it by PS Artbooks. 

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I scanned my Planet Comics 15 in response to the request for it by PS Artbooks. 

Strong work, Artboy!! I did wonder how PS Artbooks had compiled all those issues. IMHO the color reproduction was not so hot on the first couple volumes.  

9 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I didn't know about the Roy Thomas resource, will check it out, thanks. :smile:

15 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

3 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

I didn't know about the Roy Thomas resource, will check it out, thanks. :smile:

I guess I partly answered my question to GG. The interior pages for Planet #5 that GG posted on the GRR are from the ComicBook Plus copy of the book online (e.g., compare first splash page from Nelson Cole story).

13 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Mine is almost as nice as artboy's copy - I was lucky to get it before I even realized it was a scarce 'un

Planet Comics #6 CGC 7.5.jpg

"almost as nice"? Looks pretty sweet to me. Better grade as well.