• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

"almost as nice"? Looks pretty sweet to me. Better grade as well.

They're both spectacular copies! I'd be happy with a split spine and detached centerfold! ?

17 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Technical grade is one thing. But the whites seem a bit brighter on your copy, at least to me.  And I think yours is undergraded.

I always felt it was, maybe I should resub. That said, while it doesn't show as readily in the scan the split spine at the bottom is there.

54 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

"almost as nice"? Looks pretty sweet to me. Better grade as well.

It's a very nice book for sure, but I prefer yours simply because of the provenance. Maybe I'm a sucker for Celebs I dunno, but I like that angle. Plus I like Cage.

On ‎2017‎/‎04‎/‎03 at 6:55 AM, Grantley Goddard said:

For those interested PLANET COMICS # 5 is now posted cover to cover in the GRR. (thumbsu

Issues 1 thru 5 now posted.

68.jpg

Issue 5 is one I am trying to find a better copy of. I do have a placeholder but I am not happy with it. The problem I am having is the only copies I am finding are not much of an upgrade and I can not justify spending $700 to get a 3.0 OR it is to much of an upgrade ( like the 9.2 copy that was available a few months ago ). I would love to find a 5.0 type of copy.

PlanetComics5cgc20front_zps285e5385.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

8 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

awesome copy of another tough to find book.

While I am happy with mine I would prefer yours. #10 is another of my favorite Planets:

PlanetComics10cgc50front_zps6443acbd.jpg

A strong midgrade copy of a  tough issue, with great colors. :applause:

Just to underscore my point that technical grade isn't everything, at least to me, here is my #28 (Nic Cage again Grantley!) It was my first ever Heritage purchase, and the only Cage Planet I managed to win from the original auction. A few years later I sold it, which I really regretted. Then it turned up years on in a Comiclink auction, so I won it again! One of my favorite Planet covers as well...

Planet Comics #28 CGC 6.5.Nicolas Cage.jpg

4 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Just to underscore my point that technical grade isn't everything, at least to me, here is my #28 (Nic Cage again Grantley!) It was my first ever Heritage purchase, and the only Cage Planet I managed to win from the original auction. A few years later I sold it, which I really regretted. Then it turned up years on in a Comiclink auction, so I won it again! One of my favorite Planet covers as well...

See my comments in the 'Eye' thread, but in short this book is absolutely awesome. :x

15 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Hey, go ahead and sell it again, this time to me, and you can get it back in no time :wink:

Maybe.

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

22 minutes ago, kelholt said:

IMG_9680.JPG.c40f18bfc2cf71f3053eb5c7fc609903.JPG

Planet #10 is a great cover framed with the upper black background and it really makes the book POP. 

Agreed. Especially if it is as nice as yours.