• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is X-Men 1 CGC 9.0 at $46,995 a wise long term investment?

206 posts in this topic

Everybody relax. This is what just happened:

My mother in law died. Left my wife some money. My wife said she's getting a horse and I could get a comic. 50k worth

This is a real account and my OP was a real question. I have trouble sometimes with comics as I tend to miss key issues by one issue, like I bought Werewolf By Night 31 and Batman Adventures 11

My mother in law died. Left my wife some money. My wife said she's getting a horse and I could get a comic. 50k worth

This is a real account and my OP was a real question. I have trouble sometimes with comics as I tend to miss key issues by one issue, like I bought Werewolf By Night 31 and Batman Adventures 11

Get an AF15 for long term

No more comics we want to go back to ladies night and bobbies!! And some tasty chicken wings for our dirty little fingers!!

I'm curious. Long term being 20 years
DLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750w
DLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750w
If you can find an answer amongst all the.....right1.) Low post count + Comics General + Thread about investing in comics = rough start2.) If you were going to invest in comics, ones that have held a consistent value over time, are more likely to do so in the future as well (aka X-Men 1 better than 1st Scott Lang)3.) Find out the completed sale price for similar books within the past year and see if the trend is up or down, and whether your book and price are reasonable to what other people have paid recently. 4.) At a mid-5 figure book, you have a lot more leverage with a dealer then buying a 4 figure book, be patient and pay a price both of you are comfortable with.5.) Don't buy an investment with debt, or money you cant afford to lose, or if you might have to sell it suddenly if its value has gone down (comic book or other wise)6.) CheersDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750wDLgToteDetailFlat.jpg?format=750w
thanks.

No more comics we want to go back to ladies night and bobbies!! And some tasty chicken wings for our dirty little fingers!!

Seriously, are you GIJOEISAWESOME?

I can't remember her name lolll!!

I guess this post is in the wrong forum: sorry.

I know I have a low post count: sorry.

I guess "Is this a good investment questions" are, I don't know, rude?: sorry

Whatever, I can take the ribbing. Try being a noob on the Butthole Surfers forum.

Whatever, I can take the ribbing. Try being a noob on the Butthole Surfers forum.

you're alright. it's the other poster. Like I said, look into an Amazing Fantasy 15

:facepalm:

:kidaround:

hm ...... ^^

you're alright. it's the other poster. Like I said, look into an Amazing Fantasy 15

But buy it before Spidey joins The Avengers or it will sky rocket into outer space!

And figure out the census before you drop 50K on a comic doh!

But buy it before Spidey joins The Avengers or it will sky rocket into outer space!

And figure out the census before you drop 50K on a comic doh!

I gonna. I'll subscribe to the CGC census thing. Like said, the freebie Hulk census I did was confusing