• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is X-Men 1 CGC 9.0 at $46,995 a wise long term investment?

206 posts in this topic

If you're wife is getting a horse and you're getting $50,000, why are you looking to invest it instead of wasting it on something frivolous like she is?

There's an equity imbalance here...

hm

horses CAN BE great investments.

If you're wife is getting a horse and you're getting $50,000, why are you looking to invest it instead of wasting it on something frivolous like she is?

hm

Exactly. I've know farmers that have said never buy a horse. She's a long time show rider. There is not much I can do.

hm

Exactly. I've know farmers that have said never buy a horse. She's a long time show rider. There is not much I can do.

oh. non-racehorse? I'm out.

Everybody relax. This is what just happened:

My mother in law died. Left my wife some money. My wife said she's getting a horse and I could get a comic. 50k worth

This is a real account and my OP was a real question. I have trouble sometimes with comics as I tend to miss key issues by one issue, like I bought Werewolf By Night 31 and Batman Adventures 11

Spit my morning coffee out reading this. lol

After talking with our financial guy yesterday (seeing what the money could do in other areas), I'm against it. (Buying a 50K book).

But believe it or not, this is true you guys, my wife is nagging me to do it (buy a key issue for 50K). I mean absolutely nagging me to do it

After talking with our financial guy yesterday (seeing what the money could do in other areas), I'm against it. (Buying a 50K book).

But believe it or not, this is true you guys, my wife is nagging me to do it (buy a key issue for 50K). I mean absolutely nagging me to do it

Your wife has been replaced with a doppleganger.

So your investment guy said investing your cash (meaning his bread and butter) in a comic was a bad idea?

What a surprise! I'm not saying buying the XMen is or isn't a good idea . But asking someone with a financial stake (he stands to lose out on) in your decision isn't the best way to decide what to do.

So your investment guy said investing your cash (meaning his bread and butter) in a comic was a bad idea?

What a surprise! I'm not saying buying the XMen is or isn't a good idea . But asking someone with a financial stake (he stands to lose out on) in your decision isn't the best way to decide what to do.

:idea:

I've toyed with the idea of growing my nails like Fu Manchu and watching Ice Station Zebra in the nude like Howard Hughes. Riding abound in a limo late at night and handing out 100$ bills to total strangers.

It actually seems like more fun then buying a comic or leaving it the the $ planner guy.

I have wondered this:

If you did have a HUGE amount of money and bought up just about every certain comic, would that drive the price up, cause you know, you gotta 'em all.

I hade the Iron Man/Submariner comic when I was a kid and didn't think much of the story. No need for it now.