• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is X-Men 1 CGC 9.0 at $46,995 a wise long term investment?

206 posts in this topic

Have you thought about buying as many copies of this book as can? Trying to corner the market?

s-l1600_21.jpg

That's pretty funny.

Over a decade ago, for several years on ebay I noticed that there was one guy who bought pretty much every copy of that one-shot - but I suspect you might know that.

Then last night over in the GA/SA/BA Sales-only thread forum, I saw a boardie buying some Caps who reminded me of that era long ago - pretty sure he is same guy that was buying every copy I saw of the IM & SM 1 one-shot (well, he had the same first name as the guy 10 years ago).

I have wondered this:

If you did have a HUGE amount of money and bought up just about every certain comic, would that drive the price up, cause you know, you gotta 'em all.

I hade the Iron Man/Submariner comic when I was a kid and didn't think much of the story. No need for it now.

Google The Hunt brothers and the silver market

Have you thought about buying as many copies of this book as can? Trying to corner the market?

s-l1600_21.jpg

That's pretty funny.

Over a decade ago, for several years on ebay I noticed that there was one guy who bought pretty much every copy of that one-shot - but I suspect you might know that.

2wd63qh.jpg

s-l1600_21.jpg

That's pretty funny.

2wd63qh.jpg

eONIBHV.gif

s-l1600_21.jpg

That's pretty funny.

2wd63qh.jpg

eONIBHV.gif

The "Duke" of IMSM 1 lol

Happy Birthday Jack !

But believe it or not, this is true you guys, my wife is nagging me to do it (buy a key issue for 50K). I mean absolutely nagging me to do it

Of course; it would undoubtedly make her feel better about her own extravagant horse purchase.

Maybe I'll just produce my own comic book. I dabble in story. A time travel thing, going back in time to visit Jenny Agutter from the 1976 Logan's Run.

Her's were the first breasts I'd ever seen on the big screen. Had a crush on her for years. The character in the comic could go back in time and visit her on the set of that classic film.

Anybody here do art? Wouldn't need a Kickstarter. I got 50k.

Maybe I'll just produce my own comic book. I dabble in story. A time travel thing, going back in time to visit Jenny Agutter from the 1976 Logan's Run.

Her's were the first breasts I'd ever seen on the big screen. Had a crush on her for years. The character in the comic could go back in time and visit her on the set of that classic film.

Im starting (always) to think this thread is a joke...

Jokes are supposed to be funny (shrug)

s-l1600_21.jpg

That's pretty funny.

2wd63qh.jpg

eONIBHV.gif

The "Duke" of IMSM 1 lol

Happy Birthday Jack !

163772.jpg.a1417c530bb98a9da1ab4bf94162d325.jpg

I'm shocked if anyone here think this ISN'T a joke. :makepoint:

:facepalm:

s-l1600_21.jpg

That's pretty funny.

2wd63qh.jpg

eONIBHV.gif

The "Duke" of IMSM 1 lol

wtf is ths?

Happy Birthday Jack !