• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Hey Jayman, thats a TALLLL order. Ditko's first cover, expensive & hard to find. I was so Happy to find a copy in fair for $50. Those 3 Ditko's are the NICEST I have ever seen! Congrats!!!!

All of those issues contain multiple outstanding Ditko pre-code horror stories. The cover/story for #12 depicts a new version of Cinderella where her sisters are vampires! cloud9.gif

One last Thing, then I'm done.

Thing1.jpg

Thing1.jpg

The last thing you want when you're sitting in a filthy, wet alley in a nice suit, sweating like a wildebeast is being harassed by three disembodied heads with their mouths sewn shut. insane.gif

Thing1.jpg

The last thing you want when you're sitting in a filthy, wet alley in a nice suit, sweating like a wildebeast is being harassed by three disembodied heads with their mouths sewn shut. insane.gif

I agree - that can really put a crimp in your day. 27_laughing.gif

I agree - that can really put a crimp in your day. 27_laughing.gif

They're heads...with their mouths sewn shut!

Grab a stick and hit some home runs! sumo.gif

Are there low grade copies of Thing #16? smile.gif

Definitely - I'm pretty sure a collector friend picked up a VG copy on ebay for $40 or so.

Oh yeah, they are out there. Ironically, I think the lower grades are harder to come by than the high, due obviously to the "warehouse find." I picked one up about 6 years ago in G for a measly $10 & had no problem unloading it for twice that later down the road.