• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,229 posts in this topic

I think we've desicrated this thread enough. Now, I'll have to buy a sacrificial precode comic to post here. grin.gif

Buy this book for me

17945.JPG

and I'll plead your case to PCK for a full pardon. Last precode issue for the title. cloud9.gif that cover.

Hehehe, sorry for the delay, creeps! Had to wait for the wind to pick up and the thunder to crackle a little more. Ambience, ya know. So anyway, it was a dark & stormy night...

Stormy_Night_in_Missouri_L.jpg

.....and I'd thought I'd check my email before the power went out. So there in my mailbox is a query from a man who wants to know if I take submissions of original art for HORROR COMICS REVIEW. I do, so I mail him back stating so. I'm thinking of course he must be an artist. He mails me again asking if I was familiar with the Ekgren covers. I mail him back stating yes I am, that they are favorites of mine.

Turns out the guy is the grandson of Ekgren! Not only that, he has in his possession an ORIGINAL UNPUBLISHED horror painting by his grandfather that he would like to see published! 893whatthe.gif

Sadly, I had to explain to him that HCR is a non-profit fanzine that pays in contributor copies, and there was no way I could afford to purchase the rights to publish his grandfathers work. It's a labor of love. I tried to get him to send me a scan of the work just so I could see it, but he wasn't going for that! crazy.gif

Anyway, I have no reason to believe he wasn't legit, as he provided many details about his grandfather. He simply isn't coming off of the rights to print the painting without a wad of dough. I still have his addy, so maybe some other dark & stormy night..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hehehe, sorry for the delay, creeps! Had to wait for the wind to pick up and the thunder to crackle a little more. Ambience, ya know. So anyway, it was a dark & stormy night...

.....and I'd thought I'd check my email before the power went out. So there in my mailbox is a query from a man who wants to know if I take submissions of original art for HORROR COMICS REVIEW. I do, so I mail him back stating so. I'm thinking of course he must be an artist. He mails me again asking if I was familiar with the Ekgren covers. I mail him back stating yes I am, that they are favorites of mine.

Turns out the guy is the grandson of Ekgren! Not only that, he has in his possession an ORIGINAL UNPUBLISHED horror painting by his grandfather that he would like to see published! 893whatthe.gif

Sadly, I had to explain to him that HCR is a non-profit fanzine that pays in contributor copies, and there was no way I could afford to purchase the rights to publish his grandfathers work. It's a labor of love. I tried to get him to send me a scan of the work just so I could see it, but he wasn't going for that! crazy.gif

Anyway, I have no reason to believe he wasn't legit, as he provided many details about his grandfather. He simply isn't coming off of the rights to print the painting without a wad of dough. I still have his addy, so maybe some other dark & stormy night..... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That's too bad. frown.gif Hopefully it will get reprinted somewhere... someday.

Is this it?

958470-HCR.jpg

confused-smiley-013.gif

958470-HCR.jpg.1cd8b9178f89ae6232dc5682f21e8856.jpg