• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels order for comic I won after 24 hours

528 posts in this topic

Talked to this seller by email. He's excited that he has so many page views and has already been offered $55 for it. And he gave me a little lecture on supply and demand

"DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND? AS THE OWNER OF THE COMIC BOOK I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. SO I RELISTED IT FOR $400.00 OR BEST OFFER. THERE HAS BEEN ALREADY OVER 140 VIEWS AND I HAVE A $55.00 OFFER ALREADY. ITS A HOT BOOK SO I WILL ACCEPT THE BEST OFFER."

Talked to this seller by email. He's excited that he has so many page views and has already been offered $55 for it. And he gave me a little lecture on supply and demand

"DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND? AS THE OWNER OF THE COMIC BOOK I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. SO I RELISTED IT FOR $400.00 OR BEST OFFER. THERE HAS BEEN ALREADY OVER 140 VIEWS AND I HAVE A $55.00 OFFER ALREADY. ITS A HOT BOOK SO I WILL ACCEPT THE BEST OFFER."

lol. He schooled you. That will sit on ebay for years at 400. He loves typing in caps too.

lol. He schooled you. That will sit on ebay for years at 400. He loves typing in caps too.

sure did, told him to enjoy his negative feedback and the poor sales he'd enjoy thanks to that and all of us blocking his auctions.

So does that mean the seller is having the last laugh on us? With the negs removed from his feedback, his book at 400. He gonna have this book for a long time.

Now the question is... what to do then? (shrug)

Might be that eBay removed it because technically, even though his listing practices are sketchy at best with the scans of original printings of key books when selling dollar bin reprints, he did disclose that they were reprints in the description.

Might be that eBay removed it because technically, even though his listing practices are sketchy at best with the scans of original printings of key books when selling dollar bin reprints, he did disclose that they were reprints in the description.

No. The buyers are changing them. He sent me an email asking me to remove my neg around the same time a few of the negs changed to positives. The other buyer of the Millie, changed his from a neg to a positive feedback saying "Good communication"

I don't mean all are being removed. But none of the feedback from the Millie book is still there. And all of the neutral feedback from the books where he was selling milestone reprints with pictures of the OG copy are gone too. His feedback now is just down to your neg , followed by some positives for some old vinyl/cds & some old Disney comics.

the whole thing is ridiculous!! I've left one negative feedback in my life - for a seller agreeing to sell the book,then changing his mind, and was rude to me!!

They make me wait 14 days to leave it, and he has it removed just like that!

:facepalm:

New FB for this guy:

Feedback From When

Neutral feedback rating order was cancelled 15 hours after I won the auction Buyer: d***d ( 2035Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) During past month

Reply by niagaracuriosityshop (Oct-16-16 16:38):

BUYER NEVER PAID FOR COMIC NO RESPONSE SO TRANSACTION WAS CANCELLED

Follow-up by d***d (Oct-17-16 12:53):

i got message that it was out of stock. how do i pay for something out of stock

Feedback was revised on Oct-16-16 16:32

JUMBO COMICS #157 VERY GOOD/ FINE 5.0 FICTION HOUSE MAGAZINES 1952 NO RESERVE (#302062876803) US $12.50

I don't understand how he has so many positives at this point. Seems like he is trying his hardest to get negs at this point. At least he cut down his waiting for payment time from 24 hours down to 15. That's smart.

New FB for this guy:

Feedback From When

Neutral feedback rating order was cancelled 15 hours after I won the auction Buyer: d***d ( 2035Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) During past month

JUMBO COMICS #157 VERY GOOD/ FINE 5.0 FICTION HOUSE MAGAZINES 1952 NO RESERVE (#302062876803) US $12.50

I don't understand how he has so many positives at this point. Seems like he is trying his hardest to get negs at this point. At least he cut down his waiting for payment time from 24 hours down to 15. That's smart.

He sent me a email telling me he now has 3 offers on the Millie 69. This guy is a big wheel.

New FB for this guy:

Feedback From When

He sent me a email telling me he now has 3 offers on the Millie 69. This guy is a big wheel.

lol. If he takes one of them, I hope the guy pays quick.

New FB for this guy:

Feedback From When

lol even if he gets paid quickly his second cousin may have sold the book already.

New FB for this guy:

Feedback From When

lol even if he gets paid quickly his second cousin may have sold the book already.

True. Might sell it for the 400. And then think.....this is the only one on Ebay right now, I am holding pure gold here, cancel that guys winning bid and relist with the BIN at a cool 1K. This guy is such a flake!!! Wish I never saw the original auction and bid, got screwed and took an interest in this nut ball. Everything he does bothers me. lol.