• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

After this I looked at a Silly Symphony. Oddly you never came across these in the flea market scrounges. I'm not sure why; maybe they didn't sell too well. Anyway when I came across this one I had to have it. The Cinderella adaptation takes up most of the book and there are numerous filler stories as shown on the cover.

Any Bucky Bug fans? He is one of the most under rated of the Disney backup features with great stories and artwork. Someone should revive his tales!

The Silly Symphonies series of nine issues is one of my favorites.

By the way, IDW has started reprinting som3e of them and the first volume includes a lot of Bucky Bug, including the war with the ants.. Great stuff!

After this I looked at a Silly Symphony. Oddly you never came across these in the flea market scrounges. I'm not sure why; maybe they didn't sell too well. Anyway when I came across this one I had to have it. The Cinderella adaptation takes up most of the book and there are numerous filler stories as shown on the cover.

Any Bucky Bug fans? He is one of the most under rated of the Disney backup features with great stories and artwork. Someone should revive his tales!

The Silly Symphonies series of nine issues is one of my favorites.

By the way, IDW has started reprinting som3e of them and the first volume includes a lot of Bucky Bug, including the war with the ants.. Great stuff!

Hey Rich, one of the guys at work came in with a copy of the IDW book for reference a couple weeks back. I took a look at it and told him about the ant war story!! He didn't know about it but now he does.

I'll be adding that book to my Amazon Christmas list and finally get to read the tale.

After this I looked at a Silly Symphony. Oddly you never came across these in the flea market scrounges. I'm not sure why; maybe they didn't sell too well.

I should dig up the one Silly Symphony giant I have, I want to say I paid $5 for it a decade or so ago.

At a flea market. :cool:

There will be four books in the IDW series which will give them the chance to reprint everything. Volume 1 was great, and I look forward to the others.

It was great to finally get together and have lunch recently. Getting to meet you was one of the highlights of my trip. Lunch at the Carthay Circle in the California Adventure park was very nice as well.

For those liking gradient coloring - Chip'n'Dale # 23 -

Chip%20N%20Dale%2023_zpsyryfkyve.jpg

I love both gradient colourining and Chip 'n Dale comics in general. Here then are scans of a few more delightfully simple covers featuring the lovable scamps:

25 File copy

14-08-201173518PM.jpg

14-08-201173530PM.jpg

14-08-201173534PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

The usual Disney gang all seem to be there; the cast of Song of the South whom somehow must have lived by the Pig's brick house based on all the concurrent appearances!

Wildly weird!

The Uncle Remus cast of characters actually made fairly frequent Appearances in Three Little Pigs and Li'l Bad Wolf stories. Check out the cover of this Wheaties premium booklet from 1950-51:

72714bad-cc8d-475f-858c-214eb0f8cfd7_zpscyvgawlm.jpg

:)

Edited by Hepcat

The usual Disney gang all seem to be there; the cast of Song of the South whom somehow must have lived by the Pig's brick house based on all the concurrent appearances!

Wildly weird!

The Uncle Remus cast of characters actually made fairly frequent Appearances in Three Little Pigs and Li'l Bad Wolf stories.

Yup, there's also another odd connection with Dumbo and the Seven Dwarfs in other stories. I'm sure these guys were pulling out their hair trying to figure out how to come up with entertaining tales.

Bongo and Lumpjaw were also great characters with Bongo sometimes wheeling into the scene in these stories.

There will be four books in the IDW series which will give them the chance to reprint everything. Volume 1 was great, and I look forward to the others.

It was great to finally get together and have lunch recently. Getting to meet you was one of the highlights of my trip. Lunch at the Carthay Circle in the California Adventure park was very nice as well.

Thanks Rich, that lunch was memorable and it was equally a pleasure to meet you, Gayle and Hans.

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

Wildly weird!

The Uncle Remus cast of characters actually made fairly frequent Appearances in Three Little Pigs and Li'l Bad Wolf stories. Check out the cover of this Wheaties premium booklet from 1950-51:

72714bad-cc8d-475f-858c-214eb0f8cfd7_zpscyvgawlm.jpg

When world's and characters collide!

:applause: Great stuff 40Yrs. I love seeing the interiors, back covers and especially the anecdotes.

(thumbs u The stories are the best part of the collection!

It's the memories! That's what it's all about.

;)