• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

So, it's the spring of 1944. The greatest amphibious force ever assembled is about to embark on the invasion of Europe. Tremendous loss of life is a certainty. What was the point of it? What were they fighting for?

Maybe for this ...

28df11f5-850d-49af-ba11-8ebbb9a40318_zpsy63uafo4.jpg

So, it's the spring of 1944. The greatest amphibious force ever assembled is about to embark on the invasion of Europe. Tremendous loss of life is a certainty. What was the point of it? What were they fighting for?

Maybe for this ...

One of these weekends I'll get to the Our Gangs. I've got a couple stashed away in some other boxes. Those have got some great interiors of which I'll also try to get some shots. By the way the reprint book of those stories is quite good if anyone wants to pick it up. Nothing like I would have thought and with long story continuity.

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

I was going to save mine for last but since you insist:

28-12-2012100219PM.jpg

28-12-2012100222PM.jpg

28-12-2012100206PM.jpg

19-12-2011120703AM.jpg

:popcorn:

Are those Canadian price variants?

Well the Woody Woodpecker one seems to have a U.K. price on the cover as well but the Tom and Jerry ones don't look at all variant to me.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

I've got one!

lf-42.jpeg

Remove it from the plastic for me and I'd be willing to pay you 100X the cover price for it!

:)

Surely you would pay more than $25 for that if you saw a copy that beautiful, raw, available somewhere?

Hmmmmm. A 9.4 Giant Bugs Bunny Halloween cover from 1956? I'd be wiping the drool off my chin with my sleeve while reaching for my wallet and hoping it wasn't empty.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

I was going to save mine for last but since you insist:

28-12-2012100219PM.jpg

28-12-2012100222PM.jpg

28-12-2012100206PM.jpg

19-12-2011120703AM.jpg

:popcorn:

Are those Canadian price variants?

Well the Woody Woodpecker one seems to have a U.K. price on the cover as well but the Tom and Jerry ones don't look at all variant to me.

(shrug)

The 30 and 35 cent price tags look like variants. Never came across a Dell Giant with a sticker price more than 25 cents in the wilds of the New Jersey flea markets as a kid.

Just noticed GCD lists as Canadian variants.

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

Maybe for this ...

A bunch of great looking Giants Sqeggs and hepcat.

I also really like this Our Gang. Going to add that one to the want list.

The 30 and 35 cent price tags look like variants. Never came across a Dell Giant with a sticker price more than 25 cents in the wilds of the New Jersey flea markets as a kid.

Well then here's another fabulous one for your viewing pleasure:

And one of these.

lf-41.jpeg

:/

And one of these.

lf-41.jpeg

That was a pretty hefty premium (40%); was the Canadien dollar in a bad way against the U.S. dollar at that point?

And one of these.

lf-41.jpeg

That was a pretty hefty premium (40%); was the Canadien dollar in a bad way against the U.S. dollar at that point?

Actually in 1958 the Canadian $ was worth just over U.S.$1.03! (shrug)

But everything in Canada seemed to cost more in those days. For example, there were penny packs of baseball and other gum cards in the States. No such thing in Canada. And I understand that a nickel pack in the States contained gum together with six cards. Canadian nickel packs only had four cards with the gum.

:(

Edited by Hepcat

Where's that phat Bugs Bunny Halloween Giant, amigo :taptaptap:

...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I've got one!

lf-42.jpeg

always like seeing this one...

Lately, whenever I try to add to my collection of high-grade Dell Giants, I get outbid! :cry: