• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Boards HOLIDAY GIFT EXCHANGE sign up thread

439 posts in this topic

I am a bit stressed about my gift giving abilities. (I know, it will be fine. No need to reassure me, I just need to think this out here.)

I have no knowledge about the comics of my recipient's choices. I do not collect those era comics in any way shape or form. I am torn between what I would consider a very cool gift not at all in their wheelhouse versus trying to find something in their choice list. It seems obvious to get them something that fits their general criteria but the idea that I could hit a bullseye much less even find the dartboard seems preposterous.

And the really nice comic I thought might be a good gift was not there at the LCS today!

What to do what to do what to do. :censored:

Put your stalker cap on Bird.

Go through your recipients posts, and make a profile. Figure out their likes/dislikes. Then follow them to work, go through their garbage, maybe start dressing alike and get your hair cut the same.

Break into their home and pretend you live there, while eating in your recipients bath robe, imagine what you'd like to receive from Bird. :D

(I sure hope my recipient likes his gift)

Go through your recipients posts, and make a profile. Figure out their likes/dislikes. Then follow them to work, go through their garbage, maybe start dressing alike and get your hair cut the same.

Break into their home and pretend you live there, while eating in your recipients bath robe, imagine what you'd like to receive from Bird. :D

I've stalked but not much there to go on...mostly sales. I'll keep at it. I may try Sharon for help as well but I think getting some choices first might help.

I know what I would like to get from Bird, because I know exactly what Bird has to offer.

:kidaround:

So many things make sense now lol

We both know you don't have a bath robe.

I hope whoever has Sharon as their giftee messages her to ask for advice far a fake giftee just to throw her off. I know that's what I would do. Unless of course I actually had her as my giftee in which case I would probably write a post like this one to throw her off. But then again, if I REALLY was her giftor I would probably write a post about throwing her off just like this to throw her off even more. Just saying.

We both know you don't have a bath robe.

:blush:

I hope whoever has Sharon as their giftee messages her to ask for advice far a fake giftee just to throw her off. I know that's what I would do. Unless of course I actually had her as my giftee in which case I would probably write a post like this one to throw her off. But then again, if I REALLY was her giftor I would probably write a post about throwing her off just like this to throw her off even more. Just saying.

lol

Don't stress, It really is the thought that counts. I did a lot of stalking and research and then just bit the bullet. No point agonizing over it.

(thumbs u

This sounds like the ramblings of someone who went up against a Sicilian when death was on the line...