• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

I love Hap Hazards. They are really tough to find that run if you are looking for them. Here is MY favorite one: (Feldstein goodness!)

comhaphazzard14_zpsrecyurwx.jpg

:cloud9: That one is on my want list! Really nice copy. Stand out cover, along with no.4 ( but I've got that one already). Thanks for sharing Robot Man

Took me FOREVER to get one then this one poped up on the bay and went cheap.

Been scoring alot since 2015 started, have not even posted half of my new pick ups yet, but will probably take a break from posting until i get most of them graded and share only a real 'grail' of mine, or something i know the Boards will really appreciate in the meantime. This is one of those (i think lol ). Though i will certainly be around commenting on others posts. This cover could almost be 'Archie and Veronica'. I love the color hues,nearly purple. Hap Hazard Comics #13 Courtesy of Ace publications. Hap%20Hazard%20Comics%2013_zpsxussneti.jpg

Thanks for posting this one. Now, I've got to add it to the list...Seems like that senario has been played out on tons of these teenage books (the stepping into an open man hole cover). I know I've probably got a bunch of them. Another good idea for a thread...

Been scoring alot since 2015 started, have not even posted half of my new pick ups yet, but will probably take a break from posting until i get most of them graded and share only a real 'grail' of mine, or something i know the Boards will really appreciate in the meantime. This is one of those (i think lol ). Though i will certainly be around commenting on others posts. This cover could almost be 'Archie and Veronica'. I love the color hues,nearly purple. Hap Hazard Comics #13 Courtesy of Ace publications. Hap%20Hazard%20Comics%2013_zpsxussneti.jpg

Thanks for posting this one. Now, I've got to add it to the list...Seems like that senario has been played out on tons of these teenage books (the stepping into an open man hole cover). I know I've probably got a bunch of them. Another good idea for a thread...

I have noticed that theme on a lot of covers too, would make a great thread. You also mentioned 'male bondage covers' as a theme in another thread. Would be interesting to see, since the industry gets a rap for its depiction of women in those days, to see if it played ball equally in actuality where that theme was involved. And not "joint sex" bondage covers, just guys.

Anywho appreciate the kudos on the book ( we all know posting is time consuming, but makes it all worth it when people like what they see, and comment! (thumbs u

I'll see if I can put together a "manhole" cover post maybe this weekend and you guys can all add to it.

Yeah, there are quite a few "male" bondage covers. I used to have a customer in Canada who requested them (shirtless). I supplied him with quite a few. I remember some Tarzan, Tonto and "jungle" type books as well as a lot of others.

I have noticed that theme on a lot of covers too, would make a great thread. You also mentioned 'male bondage covers' as a theme in another thread. Would be interesting to see, since the industry gets a rap for its depiction of women in those days, to see if it played ball equally in actuality where that theme was involved. And not "joint sex" bondage covers, just guys.

Anywho appreciate the kudos on the book ( we all know posting is time consuming, but makes it all worth it when people like what they see, and comment! (thumbs u

I dunno, maybe I'm weird that way, but I have no desire to see tied up dudes :makepoint:

I dunno, maybe I'm weird that way, but I have no desire to see tied up dudes :makepoint:

Me neither but what ever floats your boat...

And as they say on American Pickers, "I'll sell anything I can make a buck on..."

lollollol

It was strictly proposed for a comparison exercise, oh man, what a can o' worms i opened with that one!

No worries, but for those looking for a cheap thrill, if memory serves, I think Bucky and Toro were getting tied up a lot back in the day :fear:

I finally found the last issue of Margie that I needed. #41.

t-Margie-41a_zps0pbou0wa.jpg

According to an interview in Alter Ego, Morris Weiss used his wife as the model for Margie.

This picture of Weiss with his wife Blanche accompanied the article. Margie definitely looks like his wife.

t-MorrisWeiss-wife%20Blanche_zpsqvlql2um.jpg

According to an interview in Alter Ego, Morris Weiss used his wife as the model for Margie.

This picture of Weiss with his wife Blanche accompanied the article. Margie definitely looks like his wife.

Yowza! Morris appears to have been playing above the net. :D

:applause::applause:

A big thanks to Mr Bedrock for this beauty :applause: It's a little out of my collecting focus, and my photo really washes out the richness of the colors, but how could I resist this Feldstein classic :)

IMG_2850_zpste3egmzc.jpg

Lovely!

Of all the screwballs bidding on this book last night, apparently I was the screwiest. So now I'm the proud papa to a Farmer's Daughter #3. Classic Irv Spector goodness.

339-0315-162a.jpg

Edited by Arkadin

Of all the screwballs bidding on this book last night, apparently I was the screwiest. So now I'm the proud papa to a Farmer's Daughter #3. Classic Irv Spector goodness.

339-0315-162a.jpg

Nice pickup! Luckily the final price on that one didn't go as high as similar books of late. There have been a lot of bidding wars for some of these books