• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

Much has been said about Cindy 37, and depending on tomorrow's hammer, much might be said again. The new Archie 50. The painted airbrush cover, headlight plus, the befuddled guy on the sofa, just a classic teen/GGA setup. Bright yellow cover.

I definitely have too much time on my hands:

154989.jpg.ee72775d4c34474aa2511d63b39ac3a1.jpg

Much has been said about Cindy 37, and depending on tomorrow's hammer, much might be said again. The new Archie 50. The painted airbrush cover, headlight plus, the befuddled guy on the sofa, just a classic teen/GGA setup. Bright yellow cover.

Ahahaaaa lol

It's magic! Do it again!

You old timers and your early buys :baiting:

I got this at a show 18 months ago in Toronto. The dealer is a known boardie.

Guess I lucked out. :)

You old timers and your old timer luck

Cindy 37 :cloud9:

Scan-131017-0003_zps661a1f45.jpg

Ahh so this is the One.

She's a beaut. Grey tone, why that eluded my brain last night I do not know. And this book is obvioulsy a Ohio copy, yeh? how could even I see that and they miss it?

$889! :o

I don't get it, I just don't get it. I just don't understand collectors sometimes :P

It doesn't make sense to me either. It sat at $270, and I expected snipes, but not SNIPES. (EDIT: Looks like it was a 2-person bidding war.)

Is that a Dave Berg cover?

The greytone aspect is interesting.

$889! :o

It'll be interesting to see what happens when more of these come out of the woodwork. I checked recent ebay sales on Archie 50, and the final price seemed to range from $285-$385 on copies in the 2.0 slabbed to 4.5 slabbed range, with raw copies falling in between, indicating that specific grade is less important than just having the book, and prices don't really jump until you hit midgrade.

There probably aren't as many copies of Cindy 37 still around, but IIRC there was a point when VGish Archie #50s went for $500 or so.

Believe it or not, I think these very boards have a lot to do with prices like that. There are a lot of "lurkers" that see what we write and get excited. We seem to have a lot of influence on auction hammer prices.

I agree, that price is pretty insane. I have one I paid "guide" for years ago in the vg range. It's a cool cover but not THAT cool...

Believe it or not, I think these very boards have a lot to do with prices like that. There are a lot of "lurkers" that see what we write and get excited. We seem to have a lot of influence on auction hammer prices.

I agree, that price is pretty insane. I have one I paid "guide" for years ago in the vg range. It's a cool cover but not THAT cool...

I'll concede to your theory, but I just can't justify the final price on this one. There's really no logical reason, but two dudes out there apparently disagree