• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

Of all the screwballs bidding on this book last night, apparently I was the screwiest. So now I'm the proud papa to a Farmer's Daughter #3. Classic Irv Spector goodness.

Nice pickup! Luckily the final price on that one didn't go as high as similar books of late. There have been a lot of bidding wars for some of these books

This series and G.I. Jane are tough runs to collect in any shape. Nice copy!

Of all the screwballs bidding on this book last night, apparently I was the screwiest. So now I'm the proud papa to a Farmer's Daughter #3. Classic Irv Spector goodness.

Nice pickup! Luckily the final price on that one didn't go as high as similar books of late. There have been a lot of bidding wars for some of these books

This series and G.I. Jane are tough runs to collect in any shape. Nice copy!

You can add Dizzy Dames to that list as well.

At least the Farmer's Daughter run is only 4 issues long :)

Whoa on those Jetta auctions! Jetta 6 auction

Ouch! I was lucky enough to obtain 143ksk's under copy four years ago. Completing a mere three issue Jetta set is extremely tough. Took me several years to obtain the three issues. Was some Jetta OA on heritage several years ago.

The seller is located in Italy. Poste italiane took three months to deliver a letter to me from Rome.

I have lower grade copies of 5 and 6, but I still need a 7.

I think the high bidders were hoping the grades were higher than the listed VG+, as, in fact, they appeared to be. There seems to be some discoloration, though, that might indicate tanning. So, at these prices they were definitely rolling the dice, imo.

Tony,

$1225 for Jetta 6 is more than I paid for my Cap 3. I believe that you guys are better at digging up rare comics than I.

Ray,

I think you are pretty savvy. Too savvy to pay that kind of money for that book!

I hope the buyer got a 7.0 with decent pq, as I imagine he is hoping. (And that the book makes it way through the Italian and U.S. postal system intact!)

Just looked at the census again and if the pq isn't too disastrous, maybe those books that sold today will be census toppers. hm

Although I guess they are the type of books where nice raw copies might still be floating around.

Here are my three raw copies. I apologize for the poor picture. I had to take the smartphone photo without flash and lights on to avoid reflection on the comics. Unfortunately, the sun just set.

image_1.jpg

Hope to meet my fellow collectors at Wizard Chicago this year. I met sqeggs last year in New York City and discovered that we both graduated from the same high school and college (UC Berkeley).

Here are my three raw copies. I apologize for the poor picture. I had to take the smartphone photo without flash and lights on to avoid reflection on the comics. Unfortunately, the sun just set.

image_1.jpg

Hope to meet my fellow collectors at Wizard Chicago this year. I met sqeggs last year in New York City and discovered that we both graduated from the same high school and college (UC Berkeley).

Nice books.

Hope to see you again at NYCC this year.

image_1.jpg

Nice books.

Hope to see you again at NYCC this year.

Tony, I am planning on attending NYCC. I already paid for my apartment and flight. Will be leaving for Cooperstown on Sunday morning.