• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

Teen Humor in general seems to be catching fire. I was early bidder on most of them, but some books in the Silver age eBay section caught my eyes so opted to wait, go after the Silver books and wait for the next go round of those Hap issues when they show up. Probably won't come around all at once like this go round, but maybe higher grade :wishluck:

Nice #14's gentlemen.

I suspect that it will be a long time before you see any of these turn up again. And, I suspect these might seem like bargain prices down the road. With real rare exceptions, most SA stuff is pretty available. Stuff like this not so much...

I suspect that it will be a long time before you see any of these turn up again. And, I suspect these might seem like bargain prices down the road. With real rare exceptions, most SA stuff is pretty available. Stuff like this not so much...
:cry: You are right, and since i have made a 'dent' in Ace teen humor titles in particular, i know how hard they are (especially the later Hap's). But this was a chance to grab a large batch of books(mid fifties, so early silver) at a nice price. Nothing earth shaking to most on these boards lol , but to me :cloud9:

One day they'll go in my Journal, or in a thread LONG in the making.

there are a handful of painted timely covers in this time period that i love.

KGrHqYOKpcE19KTzNzBNvb2k4dg_12.jpg

Could almost be 'Romance' covers. Never seen this one before. Nice. And the other one, a Gem!

Did anyone on the boards pick up those cool Hap Hazards on the bay yesterday? I didn't realize they were so hot. I thought I bid pretty good on them but they went a little crazy. I have the two I want the most but thought I'd pick up some more. These "teen-age" books seem to be really heating up.

Here is my favorite. #14. Took me quite a while to get it but got it pretty reasonable. Nice Feldstein cover kind of like Junior or Sunny.

comhaphazzard14_zpsrecyurwx.jpg

Can anyone identify the celeb guys in the pics on the wall? The somewhat obvious ones are Cary Grant (left), Sinatra (center), Van Helfin and Gary M could be Gary Merrill? Or is that Guy M?

Did anyone on the boards pick up those cool Hap Hazards on the bay yesterday? I didn't realize they were so hot. I thought I bid pretty good on them but they went a little crazy. I have the two I want the most but thought I'd pick up some more. These "teen-age" books seem to be really heating up.

Here is my favorite. #14. Took me quite a while to get it but got it pretty reasonable. Nice Feldstein cover kind of like Junior or Sunny.

Can anyone identify the celeb guys in the pics on the wall? The somewhat obvious ones are Cary Grant (left), Sinatra (center), Van Helfin and Gary M could be Gary Merrill? Or is that Guy M?

Red-headed Van is Van Johnson.

Red-headed Van is Van Johnson.

Yeah, I think he was more of a heart throb than Van Heflin.

Guy on the lower left looks kind of like Robert Montgomery. Guy on the lower right looks like Alan Ladd

Probably Guy Madison.

Probably Guy Madison.

Left of Sinatra is I believe Robert Taylor and to the right I think it's Alan Ladd...and I think

it's Van Johnson not Van Helfin.

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

What were you doing buying those "girly" books Marty? You didn't pass up a cool Marvel Mystery for this did ya?

No...the neighborhood movie houses would give away comics on special days...

never could throw away a comic!

mm

here's a Junior 9 (first issue) I was happy to find at San Diego Con

vgish with nice paper and a solid spine, not so easy to find on paper cover fox books

and the price was not to bad either!

Looks like you had a great San Diego Con Hap! Some great buys and classic books. I'm really feeling bad I missed it this year. Just couldn't get the "planets to align" maybe next year...